Injectors?

VanoFord

Reaction score
So my truck went down about 6 weeks ago. Short version: drove her home after work and shut her down after a cool down idle. Started up next day and 3 injector codes, #3,4,&7.
Truck went to mechanic. No metal in fuel line. Replaced injectors. Did all my removals, went to fire up the truck and another injector went, 60% reading only.

So my question is what can cause these injectors to just go out if there is no metal or any other debris in the fuel system? Did I get a bad tank of fuel and that caused these issues? If so, I’m guessing I should drain the tank and refuel and prime the system? Other ideas? Thanks

co04cobra

Reaction score
There has to be contamination somewhere. No way to drop multiple injectors and/or replace multiple ones without going through the entire system.

sootie

Reaction score
sounds like your mechanic isnt familiar with six fours. They dont "drop" injectors unless the system is contaminated. Be prepared to replace the pump, all injectors (even the ones you just did), all the lines and fuel filters. drain the tank, clean the low pressure fuel lines and fuel cooler. Start again and see how it is.

VanoFord

Reaction score
Well no metal shavings anywhere. We dropped the tank full of fuel, drained and nothing but gunk and sludge at the bottom. Makes sense cuz I’ve had to unclog my water sep a few times to get it to drain. Cleaned the tank out last night along w/ separator and hopefully that does the trick when he buttons her back up this afternoon.

VanoFord

Reaction score
We installed new lines in fear that there are random clots in this line now and they’ll break lose and spit up another injector.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.