2015 6.7 whine at idle

Reaction score
If I go this route, can I buy the frame mounted filter sperate?

If the noise is not the hpfp taking a crap and only the fuel filter design. I'm okay with the sound for the time being...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Yes, you can buy the frame mounted fuel filter separate. AFE makes a replacement filter #44-FF014E. We should be carrying them shortly but you can find them online for around $20.

Jomax

Reaction score
Yes, you can buy the frame mounted fuel filter separate. AFE makes a replacement filter #44-FF014E. We should be carrying them shortly but you can find them online for around $20.

Sweet! I assume they filter as good as factory?

Thanks Dallas!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
since that wix/napa filter is around 6 bucks and the afe is around 20, this kit would pay for itself in no time..

live life full throttle

Reaction score
since that wix/napa filter is around 6 bucks and the afe is around 20, this kit would pay for itself in no time..

live life full throttle

Absolutely! Especially since the aftermarket spin-on filter is available in micron levels better than the factory filter for those that wish to go that route.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Absolutely! Especially since the aftermarket spin-on filter is available in micron levels better than the factory filter for those that wish to go that route.
whats the factory filter micron rating? i figured it would be close to 2mic but no idea.. i see the wix is 10mic nominal..

live life full throttle

Reaction score
are the lines 3/8? ive never really looked at the fittings or measured them.. lol

live life full throttle

If you're referring to the lines that attach to the filter housing, they are the factory lines so you don't need to do anything as far as replacing lines. Just remove the factory housing and hook up the existing lines to the appropriate fittings in the new housing.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
If you're referring to the lines that attach to the filter housing, they are the factory lines so you don't need to do anything as far as replacing lines. Just remove the factory housing and hook up the existing lines to the appropriate fittings in the new housing.
i see they stay factory with the fitings you incude. just never knew the size of the lines.

live life full throttle

Platinumtuxedo

Reaction score
Mine makes the same noise and has done so sense it was new. I have taken it to the dealership twice for the sound. The keep telling me it's normal but it doesn't sound normal to me. Almost like a pump whine or something. Mine only make it at idle, if I run the rpms up a little it will stop making the noise. However when I take my foot off the peddle it comes back. I am only at like 7700 miles fwiw.

BigJerm7

Reaction score
My 2012 makes the same noise. 73K. It comes and goes. I've heard everything from oil to filters. My HPFP was replaced at 48k, so hopefully it's nothing big. It's just annoying, I'd rather hear the motor.

Jomax

Reaction score
I will be buying the H&S filter housing next month and report back. Hopefully it fixes it.

Reaction score
Had this issue. Was scared as balls my truck was already due for warranty with no warrenty lol. I changed the fuel filters and the sound seemed to go away instantly

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
how long are you guys letting the pump run prior to starting the truck?

i made a point to listen to mine today. i noticed that as soon as the key is turned on and pump runs it makes a whining noise, not as bad as you guys describe, then slowly goes away. i even had to cycle the pump twice before the sound dissappeared.

live life full throttle

dsmracing1

Reaction score
I let my pump run until the ford emblem goes away on the heads up display. I don't really see this as an issue as my truck does it along with a buddies 12 and another buddies brand new 15. I feel this is just a characteristic of the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
it will go completely away in mine.. it isnt the characteristics of the truck.. thats like when ford says the ***in hop that the cclb has is the characteristics of the truck.. hop in mine is getting worse..

live life full throttle

dsmracing1

Reaction score
I have tried letting my pump cycle several times until it finishes priming and it will still make this noise for my truck at least. It's very intermittent and only happens a few times a week for myself. I also get the damn wheel hop with my short box, what a ****ty situation that is explaining to people all the time why your truck is bouncing so bad when going about 45mph.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I have tried letting my pump cycle several times until it finishes priming and it will still make this noise for my truck at least. It's very intermittent and only happens a few times a week for myself. I also get the damn wheel hop with my short box, what a ****ty situation that is explaining to people all the time why your truck is bouncing so bad when going about 45mph.

10-4.. yeah, mine is exactly 41 mph.. its anoying as ***! like bounce the ole lady's breasteses out of her top. lol

live life full throttle

Jomax

Reaction score
Bounce like a tire is out of alignment?

Latest posts

Members online