Interior lighting won't work

Lugger007

Reaction score
Hopefully this is the right area for this, if not mods please move.

I just bought a 2012 f250 and the interior lights or bed lights won't turn on with switch on dash or when doors open. The interior done lights turn on with the switch on each light but not the dash switch or doors.
Any one experience this before? Any suggestions? Thanks

Brian

sagebel

Reaction score
Check the settings in the dash. The timer might be set to 0. It should say something about it in the owner's manual.

Lugger007

Reaction score
I've gone through the menu in the dash several times and didn't see anything for a delay of how long lights stay on.

Also I've moved the dimmer switch. Books says rotate up and lights turn on. Nothing happens. The dash lights dim so don't think the switch is bad

WHY NOT

Reaction score
you have to click on the up side of the dimmer switch, if you hold it it will just light up the over head light in the cab. Give that a try for the gauges

Lugger007

Reaction score
you have to click on the up side of the dimmer switch, if you hold it it will just light up the over head light in the cab. Give that a try for the gauges

I tried that also. Tried holding button in for several seconds and nothing.
I'm tempted to bring it to the dealer, but seems it shouldn't be this hard.

Atsah

Reaction score
I was a little confused with mine the day I got it.. It has to be pretty dark out for the dash lights to light up.. I pushed the lower part of the switch several times down and then the top back up until the interior lights came on, then I pushed the bottom once and the interior lights went out and the dash lights were fully lit..

Lugger007

Reaction score
So I tried the physical abuse method to get the lights to work. Well punching the switch only got me more pissed. Might need to give in and go to ford soon.

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
I was a little confused with mine the day I got it.. It has to be pretty dark out for the dash lights to light up.. I pushed the lower part of the switch several times down and then the top back up until the interior lights came on, then I pushed the bottom once and the interior lights went out and the dash lights were fully lit..

I didn't think of this. I surprised when I bought my '11 F150 that the dash lights didn't come on even when I manually put the parking lights on. (usually leave lights on auto) I guess I am just used to it by now. My thought would be to go back to Ford and let them help you instead of punching your new truck! Good luck.

alwil

Reaction score
So I tried the physical abuse method to get the lights to work. Well punching the switch only got me more pissed.

"Unga bunga" why me no have lights :hammer:

How many remember that cartoon, sorry its the first thing that popped in my head after reading your comment.

bgibson350

Reaction score
I know i'm 5 years late to the party. But has anybody discovered a fix for this? My '12 F250 also has no interior lights working. Only map lights are functioning normally. Fuses are all good. I've been told I would have to replace the BCM. Any experience with this?

Latest posts

Members online