2015 6.7 whine at idle

Jomax

Reaction score
holy ***, over!! thats no good! wtf is it? i just watched the vid.. didnt read it...

live life full throttle

Seems to be a fuel system problem.. air in the system, around the engine fuel filter? It's not killing trucks, mine has done it since new and I have 20k. I just hope it's not killing them prematurely.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Seems to be a fuel system problem.. air in the system, around the engine fuel filter? It's not killing trucks, mine has done it since new and I have 20k. I just hope it's not killing them prematurely.

holy crap. im gonna listen to mine now..

live life full throttle

Jomax

Reaction score
holy crap. im gonna listen to mine now..

live life full throttle

I'm dreading the dealer. I've heard changing the fuel filter fixes it, but I've changed mine already and it still does it. SO glad I didn't delete it.

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
My girlfriends 15 does that but I hear it from under the passenger side door. Haven't taken a listen from under the hood yet. Done it since brand new, currently has 3400 on it.

RedRice589

Reaction score

Dude I can walk out to my truck now and you won't hear a thing. And I rolled 20k today.

jwalk09

Reaction score
Mine has a whine but not as loud as that video

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
Upper fuel filter

You've seen this problem? So just keep changing the filter till the sound goes away?

Should I maybe try a older year filter? They should be the same, but maybe they're different?

Jomax

Reaction score
Dude I can walk out to my truck now and you won't hear a thing. And I rolled 20k today.

It's like every problem with vehicles. Not all people have it lol.

Btw I'm at 19,800. I'm catching up!

Jomax

Reaction score
Mine has a whine but not as loud as that video

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Mine isn't quite as loud either. Going to try and change the filter again ....

CallMeColt

Reaction score
Every once in a while I get that noise. No real reason it tends to start. I've noticed that a swift increase in RPM will make it go away most of the time.

I own a 2012 XLT with a little over 125,000 miles.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
My 14, and two buddies of mine with a 15 and 11 all make this noise but not as loud and not all of the time. Usually after you shut the truck off and then a few minutes later start it back up after it's been running for a while...

Reaction score
This should help-

11-15 Ford 6.7L Fuel Filter Conversion Kit

There's something about those factory housings that makes that noise on a lot of trucks. I believe it has something to do with the way the fuel flows through it. It's normal to hear stuff like that immediately after changing a filter due to air but, for it to continue and never stop would get really annoying. I have even seen ours do that for a couple of seconds after installing it or changing filters but it goes away as soon as the air is cleared.

Attachments

• Fuel Filter Housing.jpg
    Fuel Filter Housing.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 154

ghohouston

Reaction score
You've seen this problem? So just keep changing the filter till the sound goes away?

Should I maybe try a older year filter? They should be the same, but maybe they're different?

I've seen aftermarket filters do it a few times, and iirc. I've seen 1 truck with ford filters do it.

Jomax

Reaction score
This should help-

11-15 Ford 6.7L Fuel Filter Conversion Kit

There's something about those factory housings that makes that noise on a lot of trucks. I believe it has something to do with the way the fuel flows through it. It's normal to hear stuff like that immediately after changing a filter due to air but, for it to continue and never stop would get really annoying. I have even seen ours do that for a couple of seconds after installing it or changing filters but it goes away as soon as the air is cleared.

If I go this route, can I buy the frame mounted filter sperate?

If the noise is not the hpfp taking a crap and only the fuel filter design. I'm okay with the sound for the time being...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.