Advancetrac problems

stevenkspradley

Reaction score
I have a 2013 F250 6.7 diesel and it started something wierd a couple of months ago. It only happens occasionally and only when I turn my steering wheel to the right. It only happens when the vehicle is still or moving slowly and the steering wheel is turned to the right. I’ve been really busy at work and have just put this on the back burner till now. I have recently noticed what sounds like a possible wheel bearing making a noise. Could the advancetrac be a symptom of a bad wheel bearing/hub? I have roughly 137,000 miles.

Texan6Seven

Reaction score
I also have a ‘13 250 and mine has done this since it was new. I’ve read so many posts about the stealership never finding anything “wrong”’ and it’s a characteristic of the truck. Only happens when I make an off-camber right turn onto the street leading to our ranch. I now have 296k on the dash and have never had anything fail with the Advance Trac. I haven’t worried about it for a few years now.

rrkroll

Reaction score
It’s the wheel bearing. Had it happen on mine as well. They are usually pretty trashed by the time the advance trac starts acting up. Jack up the tire and shake it, quickest way to know for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bgibson350

Reaction score
My '12 F-250 has a "service advancetrac" that popped up 2 weeks ago. It stays on all the time. Now I also have a trailer brake fault, airbag light on, tow/haul wont activate, and rear parking sensors wont turn on. I'm thinking I have a bad module but I have no idea which one. Brake and ABS lights have not come on so maybe that rules out ABS module?

rrkroll

Reaction score
This is a weird suggestion, but push your emergency brake all the way to the floor and release it. There is a connector that is attached to the E brake bracket that can get loose. Mine did a lot of the same things only it would get stuck in 3rd gear as well. If this works, detach the connector from the e brake bracket and use a zip tie to hold it together and another one to hold it up out of the way but not on the e brake bracket because the shock of the brake pedal coming up is what has a tendency to mess with the connection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk