Looking at 6.7's got questions

Smokin 6.0

Reaction score
I'm looking at 6.7's for a new DD/Tow rig. Never had one before and was curious if I should be worried about high mileage. I've found several super clean trucks with 200k plus. Don't have it in the budget for a $40k truck. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

sootie

Reaction score
I wouldn't be too worried. If they are 11s, turbos may be on borrowed time. You will want to avoid trucks built prior to April 2011 as they had valve cracking issues that could cause catastrophic failure. Other than that there was a tsb for transmission valve bodies due to erratic low speed shifting etc. In the main they are good trucks.

F150orelse

Reaction score
Found a super clean 2011 Lariat with 202k gunna check the build date but you'd think it would be ok ?

I would think so, it probably would have dropped a valve by now. I have 132k on my early 2011. Man I’ve watched the prices of older 6.7’s lately when I’m bored seem to hold good value.

Smokin 6.0

Reaction score
That's no kidding and it doesn't matter if it's a XL,XLT,Lariat,King Ranch there all getting expensive. Guess that's what we get when a new one is $70k+

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
High mileage 6.7's are fine. If you can find a nice '13+ Lariat with the larger center stack and heated/cooled seats you'd be set. These trucks are awesome, you're going to love it.

Smokin 6.0

Reaction score
Thanks guys looking forward to it it's the only motor I haven't had yet. Just waant sure about it. What about power levels on a all stock truck ? I pull a 10k camper and 12k horse trailer but I do want alittle more than stock. What do I need to look for on a 220k+ mile truck

Smokin 6.0

Reaction score
Ok Found a 2011 with 236k truck is a Lariat, loaded and is in immaculate condition. Anything to be worried about what should I look for ? Heard turbo issues on the 11-13's

sootie

Reaction score
Turbo issues were usually because of bad tuning . Always a good idea to upgrade to the 2017 turbo and 2015 hpfp

Smokin 6.0

Reaction score
Will it work on a 12 ? Bought a truck today with 225k miles in very good condition. Has a *** ****** with a single tune have to do a EGR ****** now. Can anyone tell me what tuner is best. Hope you guys were right about a high mileage 6.7 lol

sootie

Reaction score
Hpfp is a direct swap, no physical difference to the naked eye.

You will need a retrofit kit to put the turbo on an 11-14 truck. It can all be done with Ford OEM parts.

Aside from swapping parts, you will need a modified tune. Shorten and plug the wastegate vacuum line, unplug the wastegate solenoid and zip tie to the throttle valve harness.

H&S has always done me good for tuning on the older trucks.

Latest posts

Members online