13+ navigation radio in a 2012 ?

Smokin 6.0

Reaction score
Just bought a 2012 F-350 and it has basic radio with cd player. I know I can put a factory nav unit.from 12 in it but can I upgrade to the 13+ nav screen and center stack ?

joebuck

Reaction score
Yes but it requires a entire dash assembly and main harness from a 13+ IMO just upgrade to aftermarket head unit and be done much cheaper and easier

sootie

Reaction score
waste of time and effort. I would however do the 08-12 nav upgrade.

joebuck

Reaction score
Will the factory 08-12 head unit just plug right in ? Where can I get one at a decent price.

No there’s quit a bit needed to make them operate with nav and such if your truck doesn’t have it from the factory there is write ups on other forums of all the parts needed or you can go to infotainment and copy there list of parts they use and search them individually, it runs about $8-900 depending on how much you get the head unit for, cheapest I’ve found them was used on eBay for $350+, i was looking at doing this in my rig and ended up going with a aftermarket head unit and got all the pieces to still be able to use my steering wheel controls and just turned off Sync and use navigation through my phone on apple car play WAY better than sync1 which is garbage IMO

Latest posts

Members online