Washing/Detailing

03mm

Reaction score
So what products would be a good to start my detail kit? I mostly just use Armor All products but I would like something better. From what I read in the thread CG products are a good choice. Mr. Pink looks to be the choice of soap.

StrokinDuty

Reaction score
My swirl free method with paint correction:

Wash with Mr. Pink (CG) 2 bucket method
Dry with microfiber towels
Clay entire truck
Re wash
Dry
Polish with Porter Cable D/A and Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0 (Orange pad) Speed 5
Polish with Wolfgang Finish Polish and Red Pad
Seal with Jet Seal (CG)
Top with Collinite 845
Final wipedown with V7

No joke takes about 10 hrs to do it properly but you truck will look better than off the showroom floor.

3E400C3D-4A04-4D72-9725-2E68A8D2C0A4_zpsfuy49uwg.jpg

Polishing Notice 0 swirls
image_zps5f5be649.jpg

Reflections
B7316E50-5CBA-434C-8660-9C5D5E73D91B_zpszkvqdgom.jpg

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
I'm building a list to order from chemical guys as well. I'm stuck on what wax to get though. I looked at their LAVA wax and some of the reviews weren't so great... What are ya'll using? I'd like to stay chemical guys as well. Looks like the XXX Hardcore Carnauba wax is my next option?

Side note, anyone see that Project J97 wax they have?... That is just freaking ridiculous. Idc what it does for your paint, 850 bucks for 8oz is out of this world lol

StrokinDuty

Reaction score
I'm building a list to order from chemical guys as well. I'm stuck on what wax to get though. I looked at their LAVA wax and some of the reviews weren't so great... What are ya'll using? I'd like to stay chemical guys as well. Looks like the XXX Hardcore Carnauba wax is my next option?

Side note, anyone see that Project J97 wax they have?... That is just freaking ridiculous. Idc what it does for your paint, 850 bucks for 8oz is out of this world lol

I have a jar of there XXX wax, it does a OK job but it is a pain to remove, Ive tried waxes from 10 bucks to 150 and IMO you cannot beat Collinite 845. If you stay CG get Petes 53'

TripleE44

Reaction score
The XXX is really a pretty good wax. I'm really impressed with it over the autozone type stuff. But Strokinduty is right. It's a pain to get off. After a few hours polishing, then to have to struggle with just removing the wax is pretty frustrating. It's not THAT bad if you are just washing and then waxing though.

I've been wanting to try Lava for a while now. I'm just waiting on it to go on sale. I generally prefer the paste type wax, but I have friends that love that butter wet wax that they have also so that could be another option.

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
I have a jar of there XXX wax, it does a OK job but it is a pain to remove, Ive tried waxes from 10 bucks to 150 and IMO you cannot beat Collinite 845. If you stay CG get Petes 53'
10-4, now that I think about it I may just give the LAVA a shot anyway since it's a soft wax and I can use it on a machine instead of by hand. Think that Petes '53 will probably be my next choice though for a paste wax. Thanks.

What do ya'll do about cleaning/polishing/waxing the wheels the wheels?

StrokinDuty

Reaction score
10-4, now that I think about it I may just give the LAVA a shot anyway since it's a soft wax and I can use it on a machine instead of by hand. Think that Petes '53 will probably be my next choice though for a paste wax. Thanks.

What do ya'll do about cleaning/polishing/waxing the wheels the wheels?

Treat it like paint, that way you wont cause damage to the coating.Use the least aggressive products and then work your way up if it doesnt cut it. Clay bars work wonders on wheels and pick out embedded brake dust. You will want to seal the wheels rather than wax IMO, you want that long lasting protection on wheels because they take a beating. The best wax on the market wouldn't last a month on these trucks, ive never seen a vehicle generate so much brake dust

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
Treat it like paint, that way you wont cause damage to the coating.Use the least aggressive products and then work your way up if it doesnt cut it. Clay bars work wonders on wheels and pick out embedded brake dust. You will want to seal the wheels rather than wax IMO, you want that long lasting protection on wheels because they take a beating. The best wax on the market wouldn't last a month on these trucks, ive never seen a vehicle generate so much brake dust
Awesome, you answered all my questions. Was wondering about using the clay bar on them. I'll probably wash, then clay bar, then use jet seal. Thanks for your help!

StrokinDuty

Reaction score
Awesome, you answered all my questions. Was wondering about using the clay bar on them. I'll probably wash, then clay bar, then use jet seal. Thanks for your help!

No problem man, Jet Seal is a great all around sealant for paint, chrome, and even glass. I wouldnt say it lasts 12 months like they say it does, Id give it 4-6 months based on one's driving conditions but needless to say still a great product. One thing I do is lay down one coat of sealant, wait 45 min to a hr then wait a full day, quick detail the paint and then lay down the second coat of sealant. Then top with 2 coats of your favorite wax. Layering is the best way to up the protection and longevity.

MaxdLaw

Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard of wolfs products nano coat? I have a black harley edition with minor swirling and I wanna but together a bucket to wash and wax on the next nice day. I usually use meguires soap and wax. Any help is appreciated I wanna shine my truck up gooooood.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I am a big fan of poor boys world products I like how easy they are to take off and they do a great job.
IMG_0538_zps1b12f33c.jpg

I use a flex DA polisher and quite a few different brands of products but like I said the PB stuff works well for me I need to give some other stuff a try though too
IMG_0545_zpsf250e726.jpg

zporta

Reaction score
i didn't have luck with PB polish and my DA, it dusted like no other for me

Latest posts

Members online