Washing/Detailing

SickStroke6.0

Reaction score
This is what I have....
b7426d4b811a065a30859ee1653aa295.jpg

Aluminum brightener or Meguiar's Wheel Brightener. Both are acidic, so do not let them touch your paint. Seal with HydrO2 or Speed Seal.

MaxdLaw

Reaction score
Used CG purple wash and orange quick shine and waxed with meguires top wax. Came out alright I guess.
44f19571616850b1372df073f806a625.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
Used CG purple wash and orange quick shine and waxed with meguires top wax. Came out alright I guess.
44f19571616850b1372df073f806a625.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't put the MF towels on the concrete!

Nice truck btw lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

swinky

Reaction score
Just ordered new pads for my porter cable.

I've been using griots one step sealant topped with collinite. meguiars ultimate quix wax is pretty good for after every wash.

SickStroke6.0

Reaction score
If you guys haven't looked into rinseless washing, I'd highly recommend it. I just washed my entire truck using 15 microfibers, 6 ounces of Shine Supply EcoShine, and 4 gallons of water. I utilized the Garry Dean Method (hybrid waterless-rinseless wash), and it took me only 45 minutes to completely wash my entire truck; less than half the time it normally takes me. The kicker: if done properly, this method is safer than a traditional soap and two bucket wash method. I'm incredibly impressed, and the shine is impeccable. This is my truck two days and 200 miles later. Even with tons of swirls, the built-in glossifiers really helped.

D4E2597E-43F2-4F1C-B159-4DB15657D074.jpg

swinky

Reaction score
If you guys haven't looked into rinseless washing, I'd highly recommend it. I just washed my entire truck using 15 microfibers, 6 ounces of Shine Supply EcoShine, and 4 gallons of water. I utilized the Garry Dean Method (hybrid waterless-rinseless wash), and it took me only 45 minutes to completely wash my entire truck; less than half the time it normally takes me. The kicker: if done properly, this method is safer than a traditional soap and two bucket wash method. I'm incredibly impressed, and the shine is impeccable. This is my truck two days and 200 miles later. Even with tons of swirls, the built-in glossifiers really helped.

D4E2597E-43F2-4F1C-B159-4DB15657D074.jpg
15 microfibers!? I just don't get it. I'll stick to the good old two bucket method.

Jomax

Reaction score
This will explain. It eliminates ANY dirt from being reapplied to the paint. Rinseless wash solution is also much slicker than soap, and actually encapsulates the dirt, instead of just sliding it around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kY_S-fkgrE

I use that on small cars, but use optimum no rinse ( first product to come as a rinse less). On my truck(it's usually pretty dirty) I use the two bucket method.

SickStroke6.0

Reaction score
I use that on small cars, but use optimum no rinse ( first product to come as a rinse less). On my truck(it's usually pretty dirty) I use the two bucket method.

I've tried both, and EcoShine is a bit slicker, in my experiences. However, I still have a gallon of ONR to use. It's a great product for sure. Yvan Lacroix got me started on it... He's been running a high volume detailing business for 20+ years, and hasn't touched soap since ONR was released.

TripleE44

Reaction score
For some reason, the rinse less just scares me. No matter how many videos I watch of people doing it on expensive cars, I still just am not comfortable with it. I get the whole use a different side of the towel and all but I just can't bring myself to do it unless my trucks just a little dusty.

Maybe after you correct your truck and get a few months of these washes you could hit it with a light and show if it actually damaged anything. I'm sure with the amount of products out I'm being over paranoid, but it's just hard for me to believe.

swinky

Reaction score
For some reason, the rinse less just scares me. No matter how many videos I watch of people doing it on expensive cars, I still just am not comfortable with it. I get the whole use a different side of the towel and all but I just can't bring myself to do it unless my trucks just a little dusty.

Maybe after you correct your truck and get a few months of these washes you could hit it with a light and show if it actually damaged anything. I'm sure with the amount of products out I'm being over paranoid, but it's just hard for me to believe.
Exactly. I just use two buckets with grit guards in them.

Squat and Poot

Reaction score
do yall have a recommendation for a power washer and foam cannon?

what sort of GPm should I be looking for?

Last edited:

TripleE44

Reaction score
do yall ahve a recomendation for a power washer and foam cannon?

what sort of GPm should I be looking for?

I just have an average $300 honda gas powered pressure washer from home depot and it's plenty. There are people that even use the electric ones with no issues.

For foam cannon, if you wanna order today, this one is on sale and is about as good of a deal as I've seen. After you put it in the cart it takes and additional $20 off. Might double check amazon to see if its cheaper there though.

http://www.chemicalguys.com/TORQ_Foam_Cannon_Honeydew_Cleanser_1_Gal_p/eqp_312.htm

SickStroke6.0

Reaction score
:doh:

Speaking of shine supply. Say someone, hypothetically, wanted to try some of their products. What do you find yourself using most and liking the most aside from the rinseless stuff?

His signature products are his compounds and polishes. They are pretty much unmatched. Cloud 9, Wet Detailer, Solution, Hyper Shine, Cool Guy/Wise Guy are also some of my favorite products. He also has some green microfibers that I have fallen in love with; and pretty cheap at $30 for a dozen.

TripleE44

Reaction score
His signature products are his compounds and polishes. They are pretty much unmatched. Cloud 9, Wet Detailer, Solution, Hyper Shine, Cool Guy/Wise Guy are also some of my favorite products. He also has some green microfibers that I have fallen in love with; and pretty cheap at $30 for a dozen.

Gotcha. Is flat top going to be overkill? Would classic cut and classic polish be sufficient? What do you plan to use when you correct yours? I guess that would be a good question to ask.

Like I said on IG I've got some scratches that are only in the clear on my rocker that I haven't been able to get with Chemical guys V36 or the Megs things that I had.

I told my wife I wanted a new polisher for my birthday, so the Torq is sitting on my dining room table wrapped up calling my name. Just trying to get my ducks in a row. Also ordered some CQuartz cause you inspired me. LOL

Latest posts

Members online