Washing/Detailing

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
Gotcha. Is flat top going to be overkill? Would classic cut and classic polish be sufficient? What do you plan to use when you correct yours? I guess that would be a good question to ask.

Like I said on IG I've got some scratches that are only in the clear on my rocker that I haven't been able to get with Chemical guys V36 or the Megs things that I had.

I told my wife I wanted a new polisher for my birthday, so the Torq is sitting on my dining room table wrapped up calling my name. Just trying to get my ducks in a row. Also ordered some CQuartz cause you inspired me. LOL

Once you use that Torq could you do a little review? I've had my eye on it but want to see a few reviews about it first. I've got a little time since it's still too cold to wash outside here

SickStroke6.0

Reaction score
Gotcha. Is flat top going to be overkill? Would classic cut and classic polish be sufficient? What do you plan to use when you correct yours? I guess that would be a good question to ask.

Like I said on IG I've got some scratches that are only in the clear on my rocker that I haven't been able to get with Chemical guys V36 or the Megs things that I had.

I told my wife I wanted a new polisher for my birthday, so the Torq is sitting on my dining room table wrapped up calling my name. Just trying to get my ducks in a row. Also ordered some CQuartz cause you inspired me. LOL

Flat Top is worth it, especially with the hard clear coat on these Fords. I will be using Flat Top with my Rupes 21 and Mini with the Meguiar's Microfiber Cutting Discs, and then Classic Polish with the Rupes Foam Polishing Pad.

I would get the Restoration Kit. It's a great deal.

I'm still debating throwing down some Cruz Night, and layering some Daddy-O, Signature Shine, and then Wet Detailer; instead of a coating. I have some GTechniq C1+EXOv2 sitting here, but I'm not sure what I'll end up doing. So many choices. LOL

TripleE44

Reaction score
Flat Top is worth it, especially with the hard clear coat on these Fords. I will be using Flat Top with my Rupes 21 and Mini with the Meguiar's Microfiber Cutting Discs, and then Classic Polish with the Rupes Foam Polishing Pad.

I would get the Restoration Kit. It's a great deal.

I'm still debating throwing down some Cruz Night, and layering some Daddy-O, Signature Shine, and then Wet Detailer; instead of a coating. I have some GTechniq C1+EXOv2 sitting here, but I'm not sure what I'll end up doing. So many choices. LOL

Ok. I'll probably grab the restoration kit, I was kinda leaning towards that. Just wasn't sure if it was going to be overkill.

I was torn between telling her the Rupes 21 or the Torq. I actually found where the guy that does the details on Gas Monkey Garage said that he doesn't use his Rupes anymore, and prefers the torq. Well that and the price obviously. I'm just stoked to not have to use my harbor freight one anymore.

I'm the same way on the coating or layering stuff like I usually do. I feel like I'm not going to be able to leave it alone just putting the one thing on and calling it good.

SickStroke6.0

Reaction score
Ok. I'll probably grab the restoration kit, I was kinda leaning towards that. Just wasn't sure if it was going to be overkill.

I was torn between telling her the Rupes 21 or the Torq. I actually found where the guy that does the details on Gas Monkey Garage said that he doesn't use his Rupes anymore, and prefers the torq. Well that and the price obviously. I'm just stoked to not have to use my harbor freight one anymore.

I'm the same way on the coating or layering stuff like I usually do. I feel like I'm not going to be able to leave it alone just putting the one thing on and calling it good.

Donnie Anderson? Lol he's a HUGE Shine Supply guy. :D I like the longer throw, but different strokes for different folks!

Jomax

Reaction score
I love my rupes 21. Came from the Griots DA. It's pricy but I love it. Will probably be getting a flex 3401 next. Forced rotation is nice.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score

Need go remember it's a TV show if torq is paying him, he'll choose torq over anything..

swinky

Reaction score
Porter cable 7424.
Ccs lake country 6.5" pads.
Collinite 845 insulator wax.
Two buckets with grit guards.
Mothers microfiber drying towel.
Griots fine polish.

That's my arsenal.

Grey, white, blue and orange pads.

Jomax

Reaction score
Porter cable 7424.
Ccs lake country 6.5" pads.
Collinite 845 insulator wax.
Two buckets with grit guards.
Mothers microfiber drying towel.
Griots fine polish.

That's my arsenal.

Grey, white, blue and orange pads.

Stepping down to a 5.5in pad will make correction a ton easier with That porter cable. if you'd like to try a one step compound/polish look up Menzerna FG400. Amazing stuff, finishes like a polish on most paint, and removes all but the toughest scratches.

swinky

Reaction score
Stepping down to a 5.5in pad will make correction a ton easier with That porter cable. if you'd like to try a one step compound/polish look up Menzerna FG400. Amazing stuff, finishes like a polish on most paint, and removes all but the toughest scratches.

I'll give it a shot. I stepped up my pad to help with correction. Using an orange with a light polish.

Jomax

Reaction score
For correction, i went to microfiber pads. Will never go back to a foam for correction. only place I use foam is for a finish polish or wax.

SickStroke6.0

Reaction score
Just booked my trip to TS this year.... Took the whole week off before hand. This truck is going to be undergoing a MAJOR detail before then. I'd love to take home a trophy from the Show N Shine. :D

05wh250

Reaction score
For correction, i went to microfiber pads. Will never go back to a foam for correction. only place I use foam is for a finish polish or wax.

What was the big difference you noticed between them?

Just noticed the other day that there were microfiber pads out.

MaxdLaw

Reaction score
Soooooo who knows about removing swirl from a black truck. I have swirls all over my 05 but no buffer tool. I have the chemicals guys swirl remover (by hand method) but been to cold out to use it. Any tips? Ideas? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TripleE44

Reaction score
Need go remember it's a TV show if torq is paying him, he'll choose torq over anything..

He actually has posted this on Instagram a few times I've never actually seen him say it on the show, and every pic he's posting is him using that even if it doesn't point it out.

I do agree they could be paying him though. As long as it's better than my harbor freight one, I'll be happy.

I guess I'll find out when I get to open it on my birthday.

Jomax

Reaction score
What was the big difference you noticed between them?

Just noticed the other day that there were microfiber pads out.

Corrects so much faster, doesn't need as much product. And lasts longer for me. I can get away with using a MF pad with FG400 and go straight to a wax and skip a polish all together, and that's on black!

Jomax

Reaction score
Soooooo who knows about removing swirl from a black truck. I have swirls all over my 05 but no buffer tool. I have the chemicals guys swirl remover (by hand method) but been to cold out to use it. Any tips? Ideas? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harbor freight sells a dual action polisher for under 50bucks. Pick one up. I'd never attempt to remove swirls by hand on these big trucks.

Latest posts

Members online