Washing/Detailing

swinky

Reaction score
Soooooo who knows about removing swirl from a black truck. I have swirls all over my 05 but no buffer tool. I have the chemicals guys swirl remover (by hand method) but been to cold out to use it. Any tips? Ideas? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Porter cable 7424xp. An orange pad with a light cutting polish followed by a sealant on a grey pad then a carnauba on a blue pad.

Jomax

Reaction score
It is also much quieter, and won't kill your hands with the vibration like the PC.

An upgrade from the Griots is the Rupes. This thing is quiet and no vibrations. the Griots was even too loud for me. (To be honest though, I loved the griots, would still be using it if I didn't drop it from the hight of our roofs on our trucks...)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

swinky

Reaction score
An upgrade from the Griots is the Rupes. This thing is quiet and no vibrations. the Griots was even too loud for me. (To be honest though, I loved the griots, would still be using it if I didn't drop it from the hight of our roofs on our trucks...)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
That rupes sounds nice.

05f250harley

Reaction score
I've been thinking about buy a torq. I have lite swirl marks I want gone. I'm just scared to cause Ive never done any buffing or polishing before. How hard is it? How easy is it to mess up your paint?

Clean-15

Reaction score
What have you guys found to clean the interior? I can never find anything to clean my dash and all the plastic.

I just tried Griots Garage interior cleaner and love it. It seems to help reduce the static that makes dog hair etc cling to the plastic.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

SickStroke6.0

Reaction score
Shine Supply Clean N Shine for protection and minor cleaning; Shine Supply Solution diluted 10:1 with steaming hot water for heavily soiled areas, followed by CNS for protection.

RyanD

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Had my truck almost a year now, and right after I got it I clay-bar'd it and hit it with 2 coats of NXT...looks awesome. One issue though, are these scratches along the rear of the bed. My guess is the previous owner's dog marks from jumping out, but I could be wrong. Anyhow, my fingernail can catch some of these, so they've definitely scratched the clear. Any ideas or products I could use to fix these?

Thanks! Ryan

Attachments

• IMG_20150422_113608.jpg
    IMG_20150422_113608.jpg
    946 KB · Views: 90

w3bb3r04

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Had my truck almost a year now, and right after I got it I clay-bar'd it and hit it with 2 coats of NXT...looks awesome. One issue though, are these scratches along the rear of the bed. My guess is the previous owner's dog marks from jumping out, but I could be wrong. Anyhow, my fingernail can catch some of these, so they've definitely scratched the clear. Any ideas or products I could use to fix these?

Thanks! Ryan

The ones you can feel with your fingernail you will have to fill. Some of the lighter ones may buff out though. Try Meguiars 101 on a DA polisher with a cutting pad.

Latest posts

Members online