Platinum/King Ranch tailgate panel removal

straggleweed

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been searching but haven't found anything yet. I have a 17 KR with the silver tailgate panel like the platinum version and want to get it painted. Is there anyway to get the bottom row of tabs out with out breaking it all to pieces?

I've seen where some guys have done it before but is the plastic piece still useable after removal? Or do I have to buy a new piece after removal because it broke? Does everyone just break the tabs on the bottom and when it comes time to put it back on they just clip the top and double sided tape the bottom?

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
Take the interior panel off and look lol. That’s where i’d start.

towerrigger

Reaction score
You will have to break all the bottom tabs. You can not buy the tabs separately from Ford. Go to a Ford Body shop though and they will give you some that will match. I drove all over town looking for them. Finally a Ford parts guy sent me to the body shop. They just handed me a set and said here. It’s a pain to tear it off.
324233ce66adef26d6b77fd63af13ede.jpg

Black AOD

Reaction score
I bought an entire new replacement panel and just ripped the old one off. Put the new one freshly paint matched on the tailgate.

Latest posts

Members online