Modded 7.3 Pistons

thuglike

Reaction score
We have in stock 2 variations of our modded 7.3 pistons:

Stock and .020 bore

They have an intake and exhaust valve relief cut in them and the fuel bowlis opened up for bigger nozzles.

I'll get a pic posted up soon.

PM me for pricing!!!

dynoproventuner

Reaction score
Here is a pic Cassie just took for the website, a sneak peak for the PSA:

7.3-piston.jpg

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
do you also do piston coating? How deep is the valve reliefs cut into the piston? Is there any way with the bowl work and the reliefs cut in does it alter the compression?

On EDIT: They look very good!!

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
do you also do piston coating? How deep is the valve reliefs cut into the piston? Is there any way with the bowl work and the reliefs cut in does it alter the compression?

On EDIT: They look very good!!

compression would be affected....

PSDEng

Reaction score
Very nice! Any testing done on these yet? I'd be interested to see how the bowl configuration works with a stock injector.

thuglike

Reaction score
We do offer them coated as well.

There is very little effect on stock compression.

The valve reliefs are cut .050 and can be customized to our customers specs.

The bowls are cut to optimize Jonathan's timing tables for specific injectors spray patterns. (I can't get into specifics) They too, can be customized to our customers specs.

They are in a few motors right now with great results. A stock injector is a great match for these pistons. Or should I say the pistons are a great match for the stock sticks. At this point all I can say is we have seen an increased potential of the stockers. After testing a few added benefits were reduced noise and heat with the loss of all the sharp edges of the stocker.

These are made in house and can be made from top to bottom to your specifications.

thuglike

Reaction score
These Pistons are The Mahle Performace line (Aluminum).

Note:...We will also modify your stockers.

Gearhead

Reaction score
These Pistons are The Mahle Performace line (Aluminum).

Note:...We will also modify your stockers.

stock style cast or forged? That looks like the forged line with anodized top ring land but I can't tell if it is the steel insert or not.

Last edited:

PSDEng

Reaction score
I think it'd be tits if someone made a stock style piston with a square cut ring land rather than a keystone land

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
We do offer them coated as well.

There is very little effect on stock compression.

The valve reliefs are cut .050 and can be customized to our customers specs.

The bowls are cut to optimize Jonathan's timing tables for specific injectors spray patterns. (I can't get into specifics) They too, can be customized to our customers specs.

They are in a few motors right now with great results. A stock injector is a great match for these pistons. Or should I say the pistons are a great match for the stock sticks. At this point all I can say is we have seen an increased potential of the stockers. After testing a few added benefits were reduced noise and heat with the loss of all the sharp edges of the stocker.

These are made in house and can be made from top to bottom to your specifications.

Is there anything that could be tweaked in the engine like a thinner head gasket to bring the compression back up? I would like to keep stock compression OR run a little more compression for quicker throttle response under the turbo.

Sending a PM for a price.

thuglike

Reaction score
Is there anything that could be tweaked in the engine like a thinner head gasket to bring the compression back up? I would like to keep stock compression OR run a little more compression for quicker throttle response under the turbo.

Compression is so close to stock you really won't need to worry about it.

Price list is being worked out right now....

dynoproventuner

Reaction score
Compression

I am sure we could do something about compression but I do not see the need. This past winter, two of the trucks that were running these pistons experienced NO white smoke on cold start up, even on 30 degree days or colder. Furthermore, the idle was smoother and quieter than most other 7.3L trucks, even though they were running larger injectors. With our programming, throttle response is not an issue.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I am sure we could do something about compression but I do not see the need. This past winter, two of the trucks that were running these pistons experienced NO white smoke on cold start up, even on 30 degree days or colder. Furthermore, the idle was smoother and quieter than most other 7.3L trucks, even though they were running larger injectors. With our programming, throttle response is not an issue.

Thanks for taking the time to help me out. Right now even IF ( I want to go with them and your stage to cam) i did not need to go with valve reliefs cut in I was still wanting to raise the compression a little. That would only be if it was worth it. I start and run my pickup in -30 and colder temps in the winter. And would like it to still start as good if not a little better then stock compression. Yes I agree with you with tuning most of, if not all the issues could be took care of.

I talked with Jason on the Phone this morning for about 45 minutes. We went over most of these things. I just now need to take my spare engine apart and see exactly what I would like to do and need to do. After this I plan on buying some parts. Just need to figure out what is needed and what route i want to go.

Thanks again.

David

Latest posts

Members online