PMF OBS Dana 60 Dual Steering Stabilizer Kit

NotStock

Reaction score
With the help of local buddy, we are making the final touches to our dual steering stabilizer kit for the OBS Dana 60 guys! Im sorry this hasnt made it out sooner as many of you have asked for this for the last year or so. We will be doing the initial design and install with our local truck in house. After we are satisfied with how everything comes out we will be sending it off to Tom and or Brad for an outsiders install. Pricing on these is going to match that of our other DSS kits which is $299 for a kit with Bilstein 5100 shocks (other shocks available at additional cost). I would like to offer these at a discounted pre-release price of $269. We will get this up on the website in the next couple days for you guys to jump on. As we finish this, were there any specific features you guys were wanting/looking for that we might be able to incorporate?

JSchuricht

Reaction score
It's about time! :poke:
There are three main things I can think of.

The height of the shocks, don't want them any lower than the tierod where they are going to hit stuff.

Space for the shock boots, the passenger side boot on my SD kit is all torn up from rubbing.

The curve of the mounting plate to the pumpkin could be a bit different for more compatibility with aftermarket covers. Perhaps you could even have a option for 1/8" longer bolts on thick covers.
Here's the mockup of the SD kit on a OBS with a Crane cover for reference. Wouldn't take much of a change but would be nice to not have grind and repaint after buying it.
sP1020633.jpg

And don't forget, lots of good pics. Include some at ground level from a ways back so we can see what clearance looks like. That's the main reason I didn't buy a competitors dual kit that came our recently.

Last edited:

GO BIG OR GO HOME

Reaction score
I'll take one at the pre release price if it's still available. Also need to talk to you about a couple other suspension pieces I need

Sent while doing burnouts somewhere in the country

NotStock

Reaction score
Its been hectic around here with my main shipping guy out with hernia surgery. But here is what I have come up with for the center mount. I tried to clear those bolts for aftermarket diff covers. The stabilizers will mount just a bit above the bottom of the center draglink. What are your thoughts everyone?

Attachments

• OBS DSS V1.jpg
    OBS DSS V1.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 127

JSchuricht

Reaction score
I think you know my answer.
9e9.gif

Anyways, it looks great. Can't wait to see some pics of the finished product.

GO BIG OR GO HOME

Reaction score
Got mine ordered with the fox shocks! :-D was I first? Was I first??? lol

On a serious note, once I get home and get some pics and measurements I'm gonna give you a call about some more parts for my obs build

Sent while doing burnouts somewhere in the country

NotStock

Reaction score
Zilla, those were done by myself by hand. Not gonna find any robots in my shop any time soon, nor do I wish to have any.

NotStock

Reaction score
The pre order sale price is available on the website now, a link is posted earlier in this thread. I would expect kits to be ready to ship in the next couple weeks. We will be installing the first kit on the local truck this week and shipping a second kit for verification to Tom S.

NotStock

Reaction score
Also, sorry I didnt see the part of your post asking about the MagHytec covers. We have added as much clearance there as possible. Im sure there will still need to be a little bit removed from there but it should be as little as possible.

Tom S

Reaction score
Trevor, I have a stock cover on my Dana 60 as far as fit up goes. Call or Email me when ever you are ready. I have plenty of free time for playing with this.

Latest posts

Members online