info on 6.4 mcc tunes

sonic blue l

Reaction score
I just have a few questions before I order your 6.4 tune package.

- can tow/haul be used with your tunes? I've heard you use the tow/haul button as a lockout. I like the engine braking that the factory tow/haul provides, thus its important to me that it functions how the factory intended. (or better)

- what are the shift points set at? (rpm wise at wot)

Thank you.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I just have a few questions before I order your 6.4 tune package.

- can tow/haul be used with your tunes? I've heard you use the tow/haul button as a lockout. I like the engine braking that the factory tow/haul provides, thus its important to me that it functions how the factory intended. (or better)

- what are the shift points set at? (rpm wise at wot)

Thank you.

I am not GH but I have their tunes.

Tow/Haul mode is like factory.

You have 3 TCM files to choose from ECO, REG and HYBRID.

Copied and pasted from another thread.

"Anything above wot and all files should be the same. The Economy and Regular file will lock the converter in 3rd gear on up. The Economy tune should shift and lock the converter 200-300 rpms sooner than the regular file. The Hybrid file will only lock the converter in 5th and OD. It tries to keep the rpms above 1800, that file was really intended for the non vgt turbos and trucks with factory gearing and large tires."

And

"Eco or Reg if you still have factory style compounds. Hyb is more for the single turbo crowd. Reg is for the guys with 3.55 and 33 inch + tires but some guys with the lower gears like it too. eco shifts sooner than reg, but all files are the same above 1/2 throttle."

sootie

Reaction score
like i said in the other thread, tow/haul works better than stock with gearhead tunes. very aggressive downshifts.

WOT shifting was in the 3650 range iirc.

Latest posts

Members online