Black Magnum 2.0 assembly

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Not yet

Can't get anywhere on their site for what I need.

Last edited:

gwunter

Reaction score
So is there a way to actually measure the rockers for wear, or are you just guessing magnum? I know you said they felt a little loose

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Got the crank in and two pistons.

I used spacers on the bearing caps to simulate the girdle. One of the connecting rods was hitting the oil spout. Tapped it down some and is ok now. Checked to make sure piston was hitting it also.

Connecting rod side play is also in spec.

Last edited:

Magnum PD

Reaction score
All pistons are in. Need to put plugs in before cam goes in.

Anybody think the cooling jets or anything else will effect them hitting the rods when under heavy load?

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Put girdle on, lifters in with assembly.

Toying with the idea of putting oil pan on without sealant. STILL have powerstrokestang engine stand to start and run for first time. Run it to check everything, get up to operating temp, then do a hot retorque on headstuds. After all that turn it upside down pull pan and inspect bottom end. Where can I get and oil pan gasket?

rusty1161

Reaction score

MeTo

Reaction score
Did you weld the jets?

I plan on installing the Morrso gasket in the spring. I hit a deer and the dam thing rolled under front to back. It jammed my oil pan (dented), now it drips from the famous spot where the pan transitions from the block to the main bearing. I believe the gasket would have flexed due to it's resiliency and would maintain the seal?

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Right now cooling jets are NOT hitting. Got a scope coming to get a closer look at them when connecting rod is the closest to the jets.

The jets that are in there now are from riffrafff. First set that did hit were also welded.

Latest posts

Members online