06 towing upgrades

Diesel625

Reaction score
My 06 is down right now due to a no start condition. Short story, I tested the high pressure oil system past the pump through the branch tubes and immediately found a leak on the passenger side. I am waiting on my air adapter to test the pump too. Tore it down and the standpipe orings are blown out. I will also tear down the driver side, check it, and update all parts. I don’t run any ecm tuning, but do run the atlas Ficm tune. I run nothing but motorcraft filters, Schaeffer oil, and am religious on maintenance. I also have a straight pipe oem exhaust, blue spring, fresh motorcraft oil cooler with filter, egr ******, and bd up pipes. The truck still runs stock bolts and gaskets with no signs of issues. I was thinking of doing Warren 155/stock injectors, maybe a turbo wheel, and a small tune to make it run right. Before the no start condition, it would hit about 3600psi, and would idle funny every now and then. It sometimes hazes as well. Plus I run a scan gauge and an egt gauge. My truck on a daily basis weighs 12k, and I usually tow my gooseneck grossing around 8-12k. Would I be better off leaving it alone, or running the upgrades and chance the bolts and head gaskets? The truck has 316k on it.

bad moose

Reaction score
Leave it alone maybe add a headstud safe tow tune. Once you start with injectors and turbo, your looking for headaches. JHMO

FYI I run FICM Tuner, ********** Custom Tunes and exhaust only. I've only replace one OEM injector. My truck is a tow pig only now. It used to be dual duty as a tow pig and long distance travel. FICM Tunes irun the 2003 40hp Atlas after visiting with Powerhungry and told them what I wanted to accomplish and what I had. ********** tow tune with brake when towing and Extreme when I was traveling.