"Runt" Build

Leftthenleft

Reaction score
Any updates on this build?
Just saw your post. The truck is still at Midwest since the oil pump issue. Maybe I will have it back in the next month. I’ve lost a lot of interest in this thing right now. I’m hoping when I finally get it back that I can get back into it.

Meanwhile, this 55 Chevy has had my attention

Attachments

• E1E2F728-A4CE-47BD-A161-EA1C30ED1CC3.jpg
    E1E2F728-A4CE-47BD-A161-EA1C30ED1CC3.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 141

TButler08

Reaction score
Lift advice

Just bought a set or rims off a buddy for cheat. He had a set of 22x12 on 33” for hisGMC. So I got to get adapters to put them on my 2008 f250. Just wonder if anybody could let me in the right Direction on what size lift I should get. The adapters will be 2”. I alright have a 1” number spacer on the front. Just trying to get it high enough not to rub. Not trying till go crazy with it

shmoozer

Reaction score
Just bought a set or rims off a buddy for cheat. He had a set of 22x12 on 33” for hisGMC. So I got to get adapters to put them on my 2008 f250. Just wonder if anybody could let me in the right Direction on what size lift I should get. The adapters will be 2”. I alright have a 1” number spacer on the front. Just trying to get it high enough not to rub. Not trying till go crazy with it

You’d be best suited to either use the search function or create a new post instead of high jacking this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leftthenleft

Reaction score
Update!

Finally. Picked up the truck in October and have been able to put 2000 miles or so on it. It seems to be louder from the firewall side than I remember, but it’s been running well. With the straight 5” exhaust it is way too loud, so a muffler is on order to start off. The clutch holds the power, but the truck is slow in general, taking too long between shifts, and spool up being either slow or way too Smokey if you throttle hard. Once it spools, it goes really good for a truck on 38s though. Nature of a manual I suppose, so not really complaining there.

Couple things that required attention quickly.

I didn’t have AC. Turned out to be a recharge and now it’s been fine.
The fan clutch wouldn’t disengage, so the fan would turn in correlation to rpms, all the time. It was very loud and mileage seemed to be pretty poor because of it.
Ebp sensor went bad 1000 miles in.
We got some snow a month ago, and some wiring harnesses that weren’t secured properly wrapped around the front driveshaft and threw some codes. It should be noted that this wire harness is no longer made, and had to be fixed one wire at a time. It was to the transmission and transfer case, so might be because of the rarity of the zf.

Local Ford dealer took care of all the issues and I’ve driven it some since then. The power is pretty stout but I’ve gotten over the idea of this truck being just a “toy.” Maybe I’m just getting old. It’s obnoxious, loud, smokey, and barely easier to drive than the wife’s TJ on 12.5 wides down a shotty back road. I want to make it more practical so here’s my plan.

This is sure to stir opinions. We bought some acreage recently and I find myself needing a farm truck. The 9” lift is probably going to get dropped to 5”, which is the lowest Trevor recommended with all the other equipment under the truck. Figured that would allow me to hook to a gooseneck without moving the trailer coupler between different trucks. New coil overs up front, with new sway bar end links and a set of 37x12.5’s to replace the 38x15.5’s. It’s already regeared, so I don’t want to go to a 35. The rear will be 4 linked, bagged, and stretched to a longbed to accommodate a flatbed. Short flatbeds don’t look right to me and won’t help me work.
The part I need some insight on is the motor. It’s as reliable as it will ever be, so might as well keep this truck and use it. I will never get enough from selling it to cover my latest engine bill, so my thought was throwing the 59 hp with a 76 back on it and tuning it to run as clean as possible, therefore not running either k16 very hard. I would also like the ability to tow somewhat heavy (16k) with it again.

Attachments

• 25AA7EB6-5A96-4E88-AAAB-58CCC649954A.jpg
    25AA7EB6-5A96-4E88-AAAB-58CCC649954A.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 82

sootie

Reaction score
great idea with the suspension, wheels and turbos. not a fan of stretching to a long bed personally.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
I have a ball bearing PT6766 you could try out if you wanted. It should drop right in and did fine pulling 16k to Michigan.

Leftthenleft

Reaction score
Shortbeds definitely have a larger fan base. They just look a little funny with a flatbed in my opinion.

And thanks for the option sir! But I really feel like I need to go back to compounds to help in between shifts. I’ll think about it a little more.

Leftthenleft

Reaction score
Guess I’m the minority here I prefer a long bed

I’m with you. I just couldn’t find a longbed with a zf when I was looking. Actually, I wanted one in the color of your truck. I had an f150 that color and loved it.

A question for longbed guys, are your driveshafts 1 or 2 piece?

Leftthenleft

Reaction score
It’s a two piece.
Some days I wish mine was a zf

Just don’t be in a hurry to go anywhere. Haha.

My favorite thing is everyone knows when I’m in the truck, I don’t answer my phone. I have a legitimate reason for ignoring people for an hour or two because of shifting.

Latest posts

Members online