Special Turbo Deal

Jeremy@dynoproven

Reaction score
We have a special turbo deal available to the first customer who takes it. Jonathan and I call it the Poor Boy. It is $1000 plus your turbo as a core. It's like our regular Brute 66 except it uses a 1.0 non gated exhaust housing and a regular 66mm cast wheel instead of the billet one. This turbo still comes with a van flange adapter and a rebuilt center section with a 1 year warranty. This turbo will still out perform a 38R and not break the bank.

25tj983.jpg

Call the shop at 706-841-2496
if interested. This may be something we make in the future
depending on how much attention this one gets.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Is this for OBS and SD customers?

When you say outperform the 38r, thats a bold statement.... do you have any flow specs to compare to the garret specs?

I am just curious, if it truly is out performing the 38r, we will have a market for it.... we do a lot of 38r replacement at the moment.

Jeremy@dynoproven

Reaction score
Derek, we offer the OBS and E99 turbos too. These turbos usually come with a 1.15 non gated exhaust housing with a van flange, and a 66mm billet wheel, which are both upgrades for a 38R. This one is a cheaper price with a cast wheel and 1.0 housing, just to see if there are interested buyers.

We have done dyno comparisons on our turbo vs. a 38R with the same exhaust housing and billet wheel and they were neck and neck. We offer a 1 year warranty on them and if you're interested in becoming a dealer, we do have dealer pricing available.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Right on thank you for the info Jeremy. The billet 38's do well, but the rebuilds aren't much fun haha.

I will be in touch if we need anything!

Jeremy@dynoproven

Reaction score
So is this still a drop in replacement for superdutys?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yes these are modified stock turbos for OBS's, E99's, and SD's depending on the application. No modifications required. (it is recommended to get a blank pedestal to remove the EBPV actuator as these do eventually leak oil when the seals wear out.)

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Great option... I may be in the market for one of the larger ones on the Excursion... The bearing tick on my bastard 38R is getting worse...

Lang

Reaction score
How much testing have you done on this turbo? And with what mods did you test with? Recommendations on injector size?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Derek, we offer the OBS and E99 turbos too. These turbos usually come with a 1.15 non gated exhaust housing with a van flange, and a 66mm billet wheel, which are both upgrades for a 38R. This one is a cheaper price with a cast wheel and 1.0 housing, just to see if there are interested buyers.

We have done dyno comparisons on our turbo vs. a 38R with the same exhaust housing and billet wheel and they were neck and neck. We offer a 1 year warranty on them and if you're interested in becoming a dealer, we do have dealer pricing available.
No ported compressor housing?

live life full throttle

Jeremy@dynoproven

Reaction score
Our 66mm turbos have had a lot of dyno and competition testing. Jonathan ran one on the black truck for quite some time even with 300/200's. That turbo works with anything from stock injectors to a stage 4. This particular turbo is comparable to a 38R (except for the non gated housing and no EBPV flap) for a lot less money, where as our regular Brutes have all of the 38Rs add ons (minus the compressor cover) for the same price as the 38R.

Through the dyno comparisons, the ported cover didn't seem to effect top hp, though we do have plans to start offering them once we find a supplier.

bad12jr

Reaction score
What would it cost to have my ATS ported housing machined and a 66mm billet wheel on my 02.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Our 66mm turbos have had a lot of dyno and competition testing. Jonathan ran one on the black truck for quite some time even with 300/200's. That turbo works with anything from stock injectors to a stage 4. This particular turbo is comparable to a 38R (except for the non gated housing and no EBPV flap) for a lot less money, where as our regular Brutes have all of the 38Rs add ons (minus the compressor cover) for the same price as the 38R.

Through the dyno comparisons, the ported cover didn't seem to effect top hp, though we do have plans to start offering them once we find a supplier.

Oh ok. For some reason I was thinking the bruttes had thd ported comp housing too....

Side track- have you guys tested the brutte against a 38r with a billet wheel yet? I asked a while back when the brutte debuted but said it hasnt been done yet. Just curious. Pm if need be.

live life full throttle

Jeremy@dynoproven

Reaction score
Oh ok. For some reason I was thinking the bruttes had thd ported comp housing too....

Side track- have you guys tested the brutte against a 38r with a billet wheel yet? I asked a while back when the brutte debuted but said it hasnt been done yet. Just curious. Pm if need be.

live life full throttle

We did a dyno comparison with a 38R that had a 1.15 non gated housing and a billet wheel vs. ours with the same mods and they had almost identical hp numbers. If I could get ahold of the graph I would show you but its been quite a while.

That said, this turbo in particular is comparable to the 38R as it has the cast 66mm wheel but a 1.0 non gated housing with a van flange, where the 38r comes with a gated 1.0 housing and still uses the EBPV flap.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
We did a dyno comparison with a 38R that had a 1.15 non gated housing and a billet wheel vs. ours with the same mods and they had almost identical hp numbers. If I could get ahold of the graph I would show you but its been quite a while.

That said, this turbo in particular is comparable to the 38R as it has the cast 66mm wheel but a 1.0 non gated housing with a van flange, where the 38r comes with a gated 1.0 housing and still uses the EBPV flap.

Ok. Thanks man!

live life full throttle

Lang

Reaction score

Can you guys post up numbers? 38R comes standard 1.0 housing, which is well known to better than 1.15. And high flo outlet, and or delete makes than null.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Can you guys post up numbers? 38R comes standard 1.0 housing, which is well known to better than 1.15. And high flo outlet, and or delete makes than null.

I would not say wide known to be better. I still prefer the 1.15 over the 1.0 with my 38r...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online