Bed caps

travis.bell2007

Reaction score
SO, when ford made my badass f250 king ranch in 2004 they decided to go with an Arizona beige on all the plastic (bed caps, bumper steps). Now to me the color looks like a freaking clown car. So I painted the bed caps with krylon satin black plastic paint. 2 weeks later and its coming off. Where can I find black bed caps and bumper pads in black? Or is there a paint that wont come off in a week or two please help.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Pstrke96

Reaction score
I was at a shop the other day and they were doing these on a 150 either by weather tech or gaurd I can't remember which but do a search for bed rail caps

travis.bell2007

Reaction score
I find them for super dutys but as soon as I select 6 3/4 ft bed the choices turn from tons to like 1 diamond plate chrome cap.

Snake

Reaction score
You can have the plastic / vinyl dyed, just like you would with a dash piece or door panel.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
nothing will hold up like OEM

it's a shame you messed up the tan ones. you could probably have sold them used for what new black plastics will cost you :(

travis.bell2007

Reaction score
nothing will hold up like OEM

it's a shame you messed up the tan ones. you could probably have sold them used for what new black plastics will cost you :(
They were not in that good of shape the tan was really faded so I tried the krylon plastic paint. It looks good but I can tell it wont last maybe I can scrape it off and sell them.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
They were not in that good of shape the tan was really faded so I tried the krylon plastic paint. It looks good but I can tell it wont last maybe I can scrape it off and sell them.

I hear ya... they get faded pretty bad. Which is why they can fetch good money used (if they're in good shape)

Latest posts

Members online