What Do You Tow?

dsberman94

Reaction score
nope not wet. they get paid by the ton for dry hay so we use a 6x6 or 5x6 jd roundbaler that packs so tight you can barely stick a pitch fork in the ends.. 300 to 400 lb bales are a waste of time for us.

live life full throttle

Well now I wish we could get some of those around here. They'd last a hell of a lot longer than what we get too. But we only pay $30-$35 for them. I can get one in the bed of my truck with my toolbox and the stacks in there and it'll roll around if they aren't stood on end. Seems a little smaller than those look. Still quite a load for those old girls though.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Well now I wish we could get some of those around here. They'd last a hell of a lot longer than what we get too. But we only pay $30-$35 for them. I can get one in the bed of my truck with my toolbox and the stacks in there and it'll roll around if they aren't stood on end. Seems a little smaller than those look. Still quite a load for those old girls though.
first cutting goes 60-80 bucks a bale that is 1k lbs...

yeah, the gray ghost scalled this
5f0782e74731cb95b22a0f6701da1e7e.jpg
dont think they scaled ole red

live life full throttle

psduser1

Reaction score

I'm shipping a load to east of cleveland, my driver goes anywhere -2.50 a mile.;)

03-Blue-Powerstroke

Reaction score
Here's another load of firewood from this weekend. It was over 2 cords. I could get more in if I stack it but, it's much easier to dump it in with the kubota.

Attachments

• 169.jpg
    169.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 106
  • 171.jpg
    171.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 111

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
The truck is saying "get the ***k off of me"..

Why is that draggin azs so bad?
ground is higher in the front... tires are in ruts.. maybe? cuz a 4x4 tractor with a loader is ***in heavy!! rear tires sould be dam near touching the beaver tail.

live life full throttle

Sterling B.

Reaction score
U/A code springs respectively and pretty worn out after 316K. :fustrate: It could have been about a foot farther back, but on level ground the trailer was level. The truck is on a slight incline in the pic compared to the trailer, but was still a bit tail low on level ground.

However, it handled it much better than I though it would. maintained 55 mph on my 40 hp tow tune and didn't exceed 1100* climbing the hills.:rockon: Granted, the hills weren't huge, but that cab makes for a pretty big sail. I plan to replace the springs with X/Cs when I get the time.

TyCorr

Reaction score
U/A code springs respectively and pretty worn out after 316K. :fustrate: It could have been about a foot farther back, but on level ground the trailer was level. The truck is on a slight incline in the pic compared to the trailer, but was still a bit tail low on level ground.

However, it handled it much better than I though it would. maintained 55 mph on my 40 hp tow tune and didn't exceed 1100* climbing the hills.:rockon: Granted, the hills weren't huge, but that cab makes for a pretty big sail. I plan to replace the springs with X/Cs when I get the time.

I pulled the villages backhoe, and attachments back to the shop in arlington which is quite a bit higher elevation wise. My truck is rolling around on a 250k mile 6" skyjacker lift and 35s/20s. Have a 38r, competition fuel systemn and it gad a healthy srp1.1 at the time. I was in between injector sets so the stocjers were in there. I had a 80hp towing tune for it. The load was about 30k lbs. I ran that grade for 7 miles at 2%-5% at WOT and it never exceeded 900deg and was holding 62mph and in some of the slighter inclines was actually gaining speed. Php tuning.

I can kind of see it nosing uphill a bit in that picture. I was mostly joking though.

smcox1

Reaction score
It's huge lol! And definitely a lot of money involved. I'm sure it will shock most people when I say high quality steer's sell for more than what a brand new platinum costs LOL In that picture I have two heifers in the back that are worth more than what the 6.4 cost new LOL

Last edited:

smcox1

Reaction score
I know some people that pay $20,000 for one straw of semen to AI show horses. The good thing is you are guaranteed a live colt so if the horse isn't bred the first time you can AI her again and don't have to pay the $20,000. But if she does end up having a colt and it dies a few days after birth you're screwed. You can make a lot of money in the show cattle or horse business but you will also have a lot of money invested into this business and the thing is your "business" can just die on you one day for absolutely no reason. It's definitely a stressful business and very, very time consuming because you have to tend to it 24/7 but I love it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online