Just need a couple inches

rallye bob

Reaction score
My first post to The Army..
Sorry if this has been discussed before, a search came up empty....
I'm pulling a 24' trailer with my car and race gear. Total loaded trailer weight is in the 8500 lb range. I am pulling with a 2005 Ford f350 with factory tow pkg. I have a 2 1/2" receiver and weight distribution hitch. My question is.... I can't open my tail gate because it hits the electric trailer jack. I only need a couple inches to clear. Is there a safe way to extend the hitch ball a couple inches? Any help would be greatly appreciated...
This is the weight distribution hitch I am using.
https://www.etrailer.com/Weight-Distribution/Reese/RP66542.html

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
My first post to The Army..

Sorry if this has been discussed before, a search came up empty....

I'm pulling a 24' trailer with my car and race gear. Total loaded trailer weight is in the 8500 lb range. I am pulling with a 2005 Ford f350 with factory tow pkg. I have a 2 1/2" receiver and weight distribution hitch. My question is.... I can't open my tail gate because it hits the electric trailer jack. I only need a couple inches to clear. Is there a safe way to extend the hitch ball a couple inches? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

This is the weight distribution hitch I am using.

https://www.etrailer.com/Weight-Distribution/Reese/RP66542.html
Welcome to psa man! About the only thing you could do is move the hitch on the truck back further. I have seen extenders made for the insert but with that big of a hitch and depending tongue weight i dont know if id go that route. Basically take a hitch insert and cut the end off and weld another tube on the end. Kinda like an adapter..

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

Latest posts

Members online