Break-in Period

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
That's how I feel. This isn't like the old days with zinc oil and running it at 1500 rpms for 15 mins, installing the inside double valvespring, rinse repeat.

Spindrift

Reaction score
That's what I figured. Back in the day when I was still wrenchin', every rebuild on a big truck would see a dyno test. We always brought that engine to its knees. No break-in required.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
That's what I figured. Back in the day when I was still wrenchin', every rebuild on a big truck would see a dyno test. We always brought that engine to its knees. No break-in required.

exactly we do that all the time here, coolant temp to 190 and let it go LOL

SoGrand

Reaction score
All my new trucks since 95 have never had a break in period. Load that thing as heavy as you can and let it go. If something is going to happen to it in the first 500-1000 miles it is going to happen loaded or unloaded and if something happens you have warranty either way. My 2020 had 135 miles on it and hooked up a 50 foot Logan Coach enclosed snowmobile trailer with 9 sleds gear and fuel and headed to Idaho snowmobiling.

superpsd

Reaction score
I flog on my 2020 every chance I get. Need to burn the soot out. Took delivery with 7 miles on the odometer. It had like 10 miles when I first pushed the pedal flat to the floorboard and went Weeeeeeeeee. I'm at 3600 miles now with 48% oil life says the computer anyways.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
All my new trucks since 95 have never had a break in period. Load that thing as heavy as you can and let it go. If something is going to happen to it in the first 500-1000 miles it is going to happen loaded or unloaded and if something happens you have warranty either way. My 2020 had 135 miles on it and hooked up a 50 foot Logan Coach enclosed snowmobile trailer with 9 sleds gear and fuel and headed to Idaho snowmobiling.

I like your style, mine wasn't as heavy but I put my enclosed with my drift car in there and let it fly, towed amazing!

Latest posts

Members online