Custom Chip (TS style) - where to purchase

Copperhead

Reaction score
My 97 is coming out of the paint/body shop next week (hopefully). I'm in need of new custom tuned Chip and I was wondering where / who to go to (best bang for the buck)?
I have the typical mods already,...Exhaust, DIY Intake, Gauges, Built Transmission and plan to install a set of Rosewood 160/30 Injectors along with a DIY electric fuel system as soon as I get it back.

I had Tony Wildman do a Chip for me back in the day,... for another truck I had, and I was satisfied,.....but these days,...his reputation is either hit or miss.

I'm leaning toward Irate this time around,...... Thoughts?

OH,.....

FWIW,....Do NOT even mention Hydra,.....because I have no interest in the Re-Tooled ,DP Tuner with 17 position controller that looks like a box of matches.

No offense to anyone that runs one,......its just not my cup of tea.

bluedge8

Reaction score
I will sell you my ts chip, set up for my stock '96 don't remember the ecm code at the moment, $110.00 shipped

Copperhead

Reaction score
I will sell you my ts chip, set up for my stock '96 don't remember the ecm code at the moment, $110.00 shipped

I appreciate the offer,....but if I was going to spend that much on a stock one,...I'd buy new off Ebay for $160ish,....

I'm really in the market for one with custom tunes (not canned) on it.

bluedge8

Reaction score
no problem, mine has dyno proven tunes on it, but for a stock inj truck. good luck, you might as well wait until you get your inj's

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
What is hit or miss about tonys tunes? Why not just send that chip back to Tony for a update to run the 160/30s?

live life full throttle

Copperhead

Reaction score
What is hit or miss about tonys tunes? Why not just send that chip back to Tony for a update to run the 160/30s?

live life full throttle
I sent an old TS chip to him to reburn, ....and one of the files in it were evidently corrupt and he couldn't load his tunes on it.

He sent it back to me,....
It's junk now. Truck won't start with it installed. He won't even talk to me about it. Ignores my emails & texts that refer to it.

BUT,...
Inquire about full price new one,...he's prompt in responding.

****ty ,....IMO

Sent from my SM-G900R6 using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I sent an old TS chip to him to reburn, ....and one of the files in it were evidently corrupt and he couldn't load his tunes on it.

He sent it back to me,....
It's junk now. Truck won't start with it installed. He won't even talk to me about it. Ignores my emails & texts that refer to it.

BUT,...
Inquire about full price new one,...he's prompt in responding.

****ty ,....IMO

If it is junk then what is the problem? Chips corrupt. It happens and nobody can controll it.. No sense in beating a dead horse. Sounds like you need a new one anyway so if he is prompt in responding to that then you would have one already... just sayin.... lol

live life full throttle

Copperhead

Reaction score
If it is junk then what is the problem? Chips corrupt. It happens and nobody can controll it.. No sense in beating a dead horse. Sounds like you need a new one anyway so if he is prompt in responding to that then you would have one already... just sayin.... lol

live life full throttle
The problem is,.....
I sent him a perfectly functioning chip with canned tunes on it,....he tried to re-burn it and messed it up.

I understand that $hit happens,.....but you would think he would at least offer me a slight discount, when I offered to purchase a new one.
I got no response or reply,.....completely ignored me.

Just no way to do business,....IMO.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
The problem is,.....
I sent him a perfectly functioning chip with canned tunes on it,....he tried to re-burn it and messed it up.

I understand that $hit happens,.....but you would think he would at least offer me a slight discount, when I offered to purchase a new one.
I got no response or reply,.....completely ignored me.

Just no way to do business,....IMO.

Do you have another chip in the truck now that functions properly?

live life full throttle

jjsalz

Reaction score
FWIW I bought my injectors from Full Force Diesel and they reburned my chip for me. Couldn't be happier. Super prompt service, reburn was free because I got the injectors from them, and the truck runs great.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.