Downpipe Gasket?

strokeofgenius

Reaction score
I have never seen a downpipe gasket on my truck. Apparently they had one from the factory. Ive been chasing down exhaust leaks typically at the turbo to down pipe clamp. Been through two down pipes. First MBRP, it wouldnt fit correctly with 369 (hit the firewall), now I have one that was supposed to be made for my kit from RCD, it fit properly but leaks pretty bad at connection still.

My question is, am I supposed to use the factory style style gasket in that connection to make it leak free?
07b9498fb954bcc33e72fbd03f29c899.jpg

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
How rusted is your turbo Outlet housing. Usually that's the cause of this. you can also put anti-seize around the inside V of the clamp so it can snug better and tighten it

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
It might be worth it, I've never had to resort to one and have had to clean up some crusty outlets.

sootie

Reaction score
I have never needed one and never had leaks once the downpipe was aligned correctly.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Fixed plenty of leaks from the down pipe outlet with a new gasket and clamp. However, these were all on stock trucks. All the trucks ive worked on with an aftermarket downpipe have not used a gasket, and if I tried to put one in it, it wouldn't seal correctly.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online