Mods that disappointed you when completed.

GUZZI GUY FLORIDA

Reaction score
Hey guys, i guess its a misery loves company type thing but have you ever done a mod to your truck that you were looking forward to and then after it was completed it was nothing like you expected it to be or the product totally sucked?
In my case the mod was small. I added those lighted side emblems from Recon and their xtreme tailgate light bar. The side emblems lasted less than a month before failing and the tailgate bars, well lets just say the first two out of the box didn't work correctly at all. Like i said they were minor both in cost and in actual function of the truck. its just the point. have you guys ever looked forward to a mod or addition to your truck and it just totally bummed you out afterwards?

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I got LMC’s camper roof lights, started out fine then one quit and the bulbs are glued into the light fixture. So you can’t work on it. Then anothervstarted to flicker. Got on eBay and got a set that has a replaceable LED bulb. But the new ones don’t have the chrome base.

Extended Power

Reaction score
Switching from conventional injectors to hybrid.
No comparison between 285/100's with dual hpop's and hybrids...wtf was I thinking...
Injector builder offered to swap me back to my 285/100's but I haven't even got time to swap stuff anymore...or get the tuning right....I should have just left it alone...nothing wrong with a 800rwhp truck...just leave it alone...dammit!

Petro

Reaction score
Switching from conventional injectors to hybrid.
No comparison between 285/100's with dual hpop's and hybrids...wtf was I thinking...
Injector builder offered to swap me back to my 285/100's but I haven't even got time to swap stuff anymore...or get the tuning right....I should have just left it alone...nothing wrong with a 800rwhp truck...just leave it alone...dammit!

What size were the hybrids?

scparrish

Reaction score
Wicked wheel for a powermax way back when and a mishimoto "upgraded" radiator about the same time. I stopped being the first one to jump in a boat after those.

78f100

Reaction score
190/stock nozzle injectors on a 6.0 ... I had to lie to myself that i actually noticed a difference

Lol I been there, mine was on my 6.4, 30% nozzles and a 71mm atmo turbo. Tune only it ran 8.5x 1/8 miles, after all that work it ran a blistering 8.5x...lol. wouldn't maintain rail pressure. I had to tell myself it was better somehow.

Egriffiths3

Reaction score
On my second set of Recon led side emblems. Customer service is sending me another set and I don’t even want them.

RyanD

Reaction score
Man I am glad I came by this thread, I was about to buy those LED side emblems for my '13.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.