Intercoolers

Magnum PD

Reaction score
If you still have 2” intakes on your OBS then your gonna need an early 99 spyder to work.

Not sure on the tubes.

old man dave

Reaction score
Either way, using 2" or 3" intakes you need a e99 turbo compressor adaptor. The late 99 and up adaptors are for the taller turbo pedestals used by the later SDs. The driver's side 3" intake plenum needs minor denting for clearance.

If using 2" intakes when using the e99 adaptor you need stock 2"x2-3/8" intake boots. If using 3" intakes you need aftermarket 3"x 2-3/8" intake boots.

If using the banks twin ram adaptor, with the 2" intakes the stock 2" boots work. With the 3" intakes, you need a 2"x3" aftermarket silicone boot. Also needs double clamping on both ends otherwise the boots tend to slip off. Neither the stock intake or the banks twin ram piece have hose retaining features, so two clamps per end works.

The SD pipes needs one pipe modified to fit. One person claimed to be able to reverse one pipe to make it fit, but no one else seems to be able to repeat this.

Last edited:

bryan.d

Reaction score
Are the fords all cast like the Banks

Nope. Some have plastic end tanks. Some have aluminum end tanks. Also i believe the inlet and outlets are different sizes between plastic and aluminum end tanks 3” vs 3 1/4” Not sure what years have what. Maybe someone that knows more will chime in. I have an e99 and it has the aluminum end tanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wildbill963258

Reaction score
I got the banks IC but it was the IC only not the kit so I have to source the other parts myself but for $150 and probably looking at a total bill of $300 for a complete kit sure beats the $1500 that banks wants for their kit

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I got the banks IC but it was the IC only not the kit so I have to source the other parts myself but for $150 and probably looking at a total bill of $300 for a complete kit sure beats the $1500 that banks wants for their kit
Not bad..

My 2000 and 2001 7.3s had all aluminum ic.

live life full throttle

Jomax

Reaction score
Plastic ends started in 2002 or 2003 for the 7.3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online