4.5" RC lift install issue

Tooms789

Reaction score
Hey guys. So I'm installing rough country's 4.5" lift in the 350. I got the front done this weekend and started on the rear today. I have been doing it in pieces due to time constraints. Anyways, so I got the drivers side lift block in and followed the directions exactly. I set the truck back on its wheels and the side with the lift block in it seems lower than the stock side. Also the leaf spring is flexed a hell of a lot more than the passenger. I lifted the frame on the passenger side to see if it would even out but the leaf is still flattened right out. Anyone else have issues like this? Or know something that maybe I did wrong. I did replace the shackle as well with an oem replacement. And I haven't put the shocks on yet but I didn't think that would make any difference in the ride height anyways.

Tooms789

Reaction score
I'll post some pictures up later today but something isn't right. Looking at it again this morning the drivers side leaf is flexed like crazy. Damn it

Mdub707

Reaction score
Definitely get some pics up. Did you measure the stock block vs your lift block? Sometimes the generic lift kits can be confusing since stock F250's came with a 2 5/8" block and an F350 came with a 3.5" block. So some will advertise as a 4" lift, but is it 4" above the F250, or the F350?

Tooms789

Reaction score
I did measure them and the lift block is 6" vs the stock 4ish". I'll get some pictures up this afternoon. The only thing I can think is that the blocks that came from rough country are angled. Slight high in the back so that angle may be pushing down on the front of the spring. The stock block is completely flat and the new one more follows the curve of the spring so maybe changing that angle that the spring is sitting on causes it to compress forward. I did also notice my shackle on the lifted side is pushed back more than on the stock side. I'm just not sure if that's normal or if there's an issue.

samgoto96

Reaction score
It sounds to me like you got the lift block installed on the wrong side of the truck. They have a certain amount of degrees cut in them so that your pinion angle changes to keep the proper drive shaft alignment.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Tooms789

Reaction score
Honestly I was thinking that. The instructions have a small picture of an example and I looked at it 100 times and it showed the taller end facing the rear which is how I installed it. Maybe tonight when I put the other one in I'll flip it around and see if that solves it. Then the painstaking process of removing and flipping the other.

Tooms789

Reaction score
So the issue was the whole rear axle had shifted backwards. Ended up pulling it back forward and everything lined up perfectly. Thanks for the help though guys.

Latest posts

Members online