HPOP Rez draining

Zeb

Reaction score
Got the 471 in. Looks god but the 1.32 turbine housing is gonna be too laggy. I believe. Gonna try to get a 1.15.

I turned the engine over several times, all rocker arms are moving. Someone is gonna have to educate me why if one is not completely straight, it causes a problem.

If a pushrod is bent, it can still possibly activate the valve, but, if the pushrod is bent it is shorter than when it’s straight, therefore it won’t open the valve as far as it should.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
5C8A628F-38A1-47C5-BC7B-2CF1D1FD0CAE.jpg

Well don’t help any.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Talked to Zeb, he’s gonna hook me up and get the injector fixed. Knowing now that an injector tip cracked, it was diesel fuel that was pouring out of the turbo. I’m still gonna try the s471 turbo and see how I like it

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Sucks to be right about something like that, been there done that.
i was hauling my 5er across the UP and it started doing that same thing as the op a long while back... i reached out to a couple people and they all said cracked nozzle too.. mind you this was after like 7 bent pushrods and not a single symptom acted identically to each one prior.. noise wasn't from intake at all and it was very very fant out the exhaust and it was noticeable standing in front of motor. So being that i had lots of practice getting tge valve covers off, i pulled into a gas station that had a dirt lot off to the side and obviously had spare pushrods at this time, like 9 more from a set of used ones i picked up lol, and tore into it.. #2 at the front of the motor had a bent exhaust pr but being it wa that far forward it was muffled out the exhaust and could here it knocking.. it was bent enough that it ate through the head gasket and was rubbing on the iron itself. I dont know how it was even possible it stayed running without locking up..

But with hydraulic lifters, they fill up with oil enough to keep some pressure on the valve a litte bit.

live life full throttle

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Is it a dumb idea to have a towing turbo and a sled pulling turbo? Since the gt42 is ok, and I got the 471, I thought about leaving the Garrett on while sled pulling season was out. Thing is, I want tighter housing on both but they both are the same mounts/piping. Just an idea.

psduser1

Reaction score
That's the tradeoff to single turbo setups. If you dont mind swapping them out now and again, tear it up.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Got the truck going again. Big thanks to Zeb for helping me out. He is an option for any trouble your having. Give him a shout. I left the gt42 for now. Waiting on the 1.15 housing for the 471. The 1.32 won’t fit. Will the smaller housing be smaller on the outside as well? Maybe it will fit? IDK. Hope I got the oil leaks sealed up and the start then die problem solved.

Zeb

Reaction score
Got the truck going again. Big thanks to Zeb for helping me out. He is an option for any trouble your having. Give him a shout. I left the gt42 for now. Waiting on the 1.15 housing for the 471. The 1.32 won’t fit. Will the smaller housing be smaller on the outside as well? Maybe it will fit? IDK. Hope I got the oil leaks sealed up and the start then die problem solved.

Glad you got it running!

Magnum PD

Reaction score
E3C86D5E-47C5-49F5-8132-236D0B14FEDD.jpg

I’m gonna try this high flow check valve to see if it helps with the start then shut off problem.

Latest posts

Members online