Changed a few filters today.....

HoustonRider

Reaction score
I wasn't hunting this weekend, and instead of feeling sorry for myself because I'm still waiting on my King Shocks to get here, I decided to do a little maintenance on my 2011 6.7

I had bought a fuel/water filter kit, an oil filter and a new air filter, all Motorcraft from dieselfiltersonline.com

I only have 11,000 miles on this truck. I changed the oil at 5,000 and at 10,000 . I run it a lot and idle for long periods of time, so I try to keep my maintenance along the lines of the "severe duty" guidelines. At 11,000 miles I didn't need to change the air or the fuel/water filters until 15-20k, but I think I'll continue to change these every 10k or so (because they are cheap and easy to do).
motorcrafttrio.png

The air filter wasn't too dirty, I have spent a bunch of time in dusty areas with my land, and because of the drought, it was crazy dusty this summer.... and 110 degrees on top of that. Not too bad, but dirty anyway.
F250aircompare.png

I also cleaned out any dirty/debris around the filter housing. This was all on the dirty side of the filter, and the top (engine side) was very clean. So the filter is well sealed and doing its job.
airbox.png

The fuel filters were next. On my 2009 they were a little more difficult, I think I like these better. This is the kit. Both filters (on top of engine, and inside driver frame rail come in this kit).
fuelwaterkit.png

The plastic disposable filter is on top of the engine on the drivers side. Looks like a EGR canister from the 80s, lol. Loosen the 7mm nut on the side of the holder, release the two quick connect lines, twist counter-clockwise a half turn and it lifts up. Replace in reverse of course.
OEMfuelfilter.png

I didn't get a pic of the frame rail filter, too much diesel fuel flying around and I just got this iPhone 4s, so use your imagination. Twist the yellow knob out until it drains from the outlet at bottom of filter canister. When its drained (mine never stopped draining) I used a 32mm socket and unscrewed the filter housing. Diesel is gonna drop so be ready for it. I pulled the old filter and replaced with new one, and replaced green O-ring that came in the new kit. re-assemble and tighten until the nut stops. You can't over-tighten.

If you look at the new filter in the above pic, its fairly white. The one with 11,000 miles on it was a bit darker. dirty? idk. but I changed it anyway.
dirtywaterfuel.png

Latest posts

Members online