cruise control issue

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Every once in awhile on a long journey such as today after shutting the cruise off it will not re-engage.

The light on the dash goes green to indicate it is on but it will not set. If I stop and shut the truck off/restart and take off it will work again.

This has only happened to me twice. And I have somewhere read a few others that had this same issue.

Anyone else? Anybody know the fix?

Thanks. And Merry Christmas!

BOHICA256

Reaction score
That's weird. Mine has done the same but to not that extent. I reset it to go back to the said mph, green light on the dash and then it doesn't go back to the speed my truck would just keep slowing down. I just turn the cruise control off, then set it back on when I get to the desired speed.
That's the first of me hearing of someone having to restart the truck to get it to work again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Yes my truck has done this once as well on a 1000 mile trek but it has never happened again so I just turned the truck off, disconnected the battery and kept on trucking since it started working again....

knaffie

Reaction score
Yup. It won't set or resume. I turn the cruise off then back on and it works again.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

CATDiezel

Reaction score
My cruise would not work again until I restarted the truck no matter what combination I tried. This is the second time this has occurred to me.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
My cruise would not work again until I restarted the truck no matter what combination I tried. This is the second time this has occurred to me.

Yeah I just decided to disconnect the batteries and it fixed it. But there wasn't any combo that I tried that would fix it...

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Very interesting. I haven't ever pulled the cables off my batteries that I can ever remember since I bought it new. I may give that a try and see what happens or if it ever happens again.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
It has happened to me several times. Pisses me off I hate turning my truck off on long trips. But it forces me too.

Yeah both times mine has done it were on 600 mile trips. Actually the exact same path just one was east and the other was west. I'm almost to a conspirac now!! Some kinda government trick to get me frustrated on i-40. Lol.

RedRice589

Reaction score
Yeah both times mine has done it were on 600 mile trips. Actually the exact same path just one was east and the other was west. I'm almost to a conspirac now!! Some kinda government trick to get me frustrated on i-40. Lol.

Crap happens to me in Georgia usually right after I just pulled over for fuel and a tinkle stop so I should be good to go for several hours and I need it for Georgia!! Lol damn cops

maxxedout

Reaction score
What were the road conditions like when your cruise stopped working?

On mine, I noticed that if there's ANY wheel slip when the truck is accelerating after pressing "Resume", the cruise control stops working until I cycle the key.

PDT1081

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but did anybody ever find a reason or cure for this? Had it happen to me tonight as soon as I left work.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I never got to the bottom of it.

However. I did reload the minimax and seemed to have never had the problem again after I did that...

No guarantee tho. I sold that truck over a year ago...

PDT1081

Reaction score
I never got to the bottom of it.

However. I did reload the minimax and seemed to have never had the problem again after I did that...

No guarantee tho. I sold that truck over a year ago...

Factory stock. Has only happened that once, just after passing 100k miles.

Latest posts

Members online