steering linkage and joints

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
evidently these trucks are prone to early failure of the steering components. i have 82k miles on mine and it appears that every joint in the front is getting sloppy except the 4 axle ball joints. the
2 tie rod ends, drag link(2 ends), and trac bar jojnt all move..

so if you guys could, post up what route you took to fix everything and how well it's held up so far and where you got the parts.. cost if you want also.

normally i would go straight back with oem but it also seems that once replaced, they wear out quicker..

so factory, aftermarket cheap, or aftermarket expensive? what say you?

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Last edited:

sledhead_24_7

Reaction score
I put a One Up Offroad trac bar joint on 15, 25,000 or so miles seems good so far.

Only thing up front I've really switched except shocks, springs for a 2.5" and the trac bar its self

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
nobody has had problems on here?

live life full throttle

I replaced both tie rod ends,and track bar joint on my '15 f-450 at around 70k.Replaced with oem,since they have 2 yr unlimted miles warranty.No questions asked from Ford!

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
I put a One Up Offroad trac bar joint on 15, 25,000 or so miles seems good so far.

Only thing up front I've really switched except shocks, springs for a 2.5" and the trac bar its self

You can't get those now anyways, and they were failing. I want one but not until they figure it out

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
You can't get those now anyways, and they were failing. I want one but not until they figure it out

A couple failed. 2 isolated to improper installation.

They were figured out, and with updated torque specs and proper installation they worked just fine.

If a tech doesn't torque lug nuts when and a wheel breaks the stud off, does the company who sold you the wheel and lugnuts get blamed?

Put that into perspective.

They were backordered long, long before the incident with Andrews truck came about.

But to say "oh they were failing and need to be figured out" is a little brash.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Do you know when you will have more Jared?

We literally aren't expecting parts from a manufacturer until Q2 of 2017.

Honestly though, I really have no desire to ever sell them again.

I had a guy whose failed blatantly cuss me out when I asked him what he torqued his joint to, and with what kind of thread sealant, and he said I used a ***king impact what does it matter.

We offer the most detailed directions, yet that azzhole felt it was necessary to cut me out because he was too ignorant to read instructions and his part failed.

It leaves too much liability on us as a manufacturer, and too much responsibility on the end user. That being said, I don't know if we will ever return them to market.

ncollins64

Reaction score
If you do I'll give you my info buddy or you just let me know, you still got my number. I only wanna run the best when possible and luckily know how to read instructions LOL. Everything else on this truck is ouo and I'd like to keep it that way if you know what I mean.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
My truck is nearing 100K and I'm sure Ill have to replace all the joints in the front end here soon as well. Curious as well what to use. I know it will need new tie rod ends for sure, don't know if I will just take care of the rest right away too or wait. I did manage to snag a brand new OUO joint from someone that had a new one that wasn't installed and talked to Dave on the phone and he walked me threw exactly what to do to make sure it wouldn't come apart, so at least I have one thing fixed.

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
Sheesh, i wasn't bashing them. Lol

I thought you guys changed the bolts? Different grade or material too? I wasn't referring to them as junk. I meant there is little info available as to what was happening with them and when you guys had it figured out they would be back. I know it's hard to tell what people are inferring on the web. Since you got it figured out, put me down for a pre order. I also can use a torque wrench, and Dave and ouo customer service when I had his parts on my excursion was second to none. Guy personally called me on his cell on a weekend

JRLott

Reaction score
They are junk now...

This sucks. Friggin corporations...founders build a company based on quality and service, and once they retire the kids/new CEO & Board of Directors run it into the ground by driving profit margins over everything else and living on the reputation for a few years. By that time they are set and give even less of a sh!t than they did before leaving us lowly consumers searching for the new company that places a premium on quality. Wash rinse repeat.

Jomax

Reaction score
This sucks. Friggin corporations...founders build a company based on quality and service, and once they retire the kids/new CEO & Board of Directors run it into the ground by driving profit margins over everything else and living on the reputation for a few years. By that time they are set and give even less of a sh!t than they did before leaving us lowly consumers searching for the new company that places a premium on quality. Wash rinse repeat.

Yup, sad for sure. Good brand I've heard of is XRF Chassis.

But, when the time comes for me. I'll probably just stick with Ford honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yup, sad for sure. Good brand I've heard of is XRF Chassis.

But, when the time comes for me. I'll probably just stick with Ford honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll probably just go with ford too..

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online