Time to pull the engine after 20+ years

Reaction score
Guess I have to pull the last major component out, Done everything else at least once! To make a long story short I have a crack in the front cover on the 96, so the engine has to come out to R&R cover and oil pan. I plan jobs like this everyday at work (16 mechanics, 130 trucks mostly CNG now) however, for some reason for myself I'm more likely to foul it up. Compounded by weekend being only 1.5 days long (work 3 hrs away) and my home isn't near any parts sources.
Unfortunatly I have a ton of upgrades planned such as IC, T4 kit and E fuel on the table, but don't have time to do those, just need to get repairs made and
any maint done that should be while down.

Thoughts on things to do while out (but time limited) ????

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
How many miles are on the truck? Does it still run well? Have you ever checked compression? How much longer are you planning to wait before you do the big upgrades?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I like the SD front cover. Use a screen for the hpop. SD water pump pulley and 6.0 fan

psduser1

Reaction score
Get the sd cover, and the t4 kit before you start. Assuming your pulling the turbo, it takes no longer to put the t4 setup on than it does the stocker. If everything is out, you'd be crazy to leave the stock uppipes.
efuel might be a bit much, but if you had the base mounted, and the wiring run,that could be done at the same time, since the fittings in the heads, especially by the turbo can be a pain.

dmd

Reaction score
IS that different than just using the upper hose for a dual alt setup for a Super Duty. That also allows the belt to be changed w/o removing the top hose. OBS may be different.

old man dave

Reaction score
IS that different than just using the upper hose for a dual alt setup for a Super Duty. That also allows the belt to be changed w/o removing the top hose. OBS may be different.

The OBS belt/hose setup is different than the SDs where Ford went retarded on the belt/hose setup.

The SD water pump pulley is needed only when using a Fluidampr for belt clearance when replacing. Its not used to overdrive the water pump, although it does.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online