Reoccurring wrench light

blackcloudpsd03

Reaction score
I have a customer with a bone stock 05 250 ext cab. Low miles it's got 110k I did studs at 66k ( all ford parts ) coolers etc I did another set of coolers at 88k with a coolant filter ( it's been 2 years ) with a new radiator and coolant flush and now at 110k the wrench light comes on @70 towing or not towing BUT .... there is no p012f code

What else causes the wrench light to come on...? The only codes it has a 2 glow plugs and and a water in fuel code. No egr.. no under boost.. overboost.. no coolant correlation

bismic

Reaction score
FICM low voltage and low vehicle voltage will also give you a wrench light.

Overboost and oil cooler efficiency you have already talked about.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
id monitor PIDs while driving under the condition when it sets.

blackcloudpsd03

Reaction score
FICM low voltage and low vehicle voltage will also give you a wrench light.

Overboost and oil cooler efficiency you have already talked about.

No boost codes, ficm is like 2 years old but the batterys do sound a little weak. I've done many oil coolers in my 12yrs working on these motors, this itbthe only truck I've ever seen with a re occurring wrench light. I read some where about the apps sensor causing it.

I haven't driven it due to the fact it needs a icp and pig tail

Could the egr cooler be causing it? Too much heat is Baking the coolant? And a ****** would help it?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I was also thinking maybe throttle inhibit/APP... I would live stream it down the road. I have seen where the P012F does not set at exactly 15* spread before...

Redz315

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my 06 f350 s.d. It usually only happens when I have the cruise control set at like 70-80 mph it will pop up. An then after I shut the truck and turn it back on it goes away again. An I won't be towing anything. It usually happens when I'm driving to the shore on the expressway.

Latest posts

Members online