Question about single turbo on stock fuel.

strokeofgenius

Reaction score
I need some help. I have a friend with a 467.7, 83mm wheel, 1.10 housing. I can get it for a really good price. My truck has stock fuel, e.g.r & d.p.f. del-eted, pat-riot ost soft tunes. No limit intake, rudy's up pipes.

How well will this turbo perform for me? Daily driver truck. May do occasional runs at the track.

What pedestal should I go with for this turbo?
Any help is appreciated!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
If you do end up going with that 467 you might want to get the housing swapped out for a .90 housing.

That 1.10 housing will be extremely laggy on stock fuel.

Some say, 467 drive good on stock fuel, and have no problems.

Personally I would go for a 364.5/366 SXE if you plan on staying with stock fuel.

strokeofgenius

Reaction score

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
we can get you BW turbo's as well , and we know a thing or 2 as well . LOL

OP- beware s400's drive like $hit on a 6.4 .

mikeeg02

Reaction score

I wouldnt hesitate to call Bigr either. I know his pricing was unbeatable on the '15 turbo kit I got, and I'd say he's broken errr emm I mean ran a few setups, so definitely a good application specific resource for information.

The guys I said about were knowledgeable on BW stuff, not so much in our application. If that makes sense. I didnt know (but should have assumed) Bigr had BW stuff.

strokeofgenius

Reaction score

If not an s400 what would you recommend for my current setup? I may eventually step up to larger nozzles but not anytime soon.

Thanks

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
If not an s400 what would you recommend for my current setup? I may eventually step up to larger nozzles but not anytime soon.

Thanks

hard to stay versatile on one turbo without robbing peter to pay paul. i'd either wait until you were ready to do nozzles and pumps, or do a sxe-369 now , and end up around 750 with dual fuelers and 30% nozzles .

RSK

Reaction score
hard to stay versatile on one turbo without robbing peter to pay paul. i'd either wait until you were ready to do nozzles and pumps, or do a sxe-369 now , and end up around 750 with dual fuelers and 30% nozzles .

Solid advice!

I've been running an s467.7 83/.90 housing on stock fuel and it's not bad but i'm switching to an s369sxe because i want better spool up so i'd go with the s369

Latest posts

Members online