7.3 HPOP Removal

Countrycar

Reaction score
I'm getting prepared to remove my BTS Twin Pumps so figured I would ask to see if there is anything that I need to be aware of before I do.
My goal is to remove the system due to the fact that one of the mounting holes on the bottom pump is stripped out, so I need to remove the kit and install a Helicoil. It seems pretty straight forward but you just never know.
Last question, for some of you guys that have installed or removed these BTS HPOP's , can I remove the top pump with the billet tower intact, or would it be easier to just remove in Pumps in separate pieces.

pwrstrk01

Reaction score
Remove the top pump it makes it a lot easier and you will want to buy a 13 mm end wrench that you can do some grinding on, there is one stud that is in a little “pocket” that is pretty tight without modifying a wrench other than that pretty straight forward

Countrycar

Reaction score
Thank you my friend. I did end up calling Fullforce diesel and they walked me thru the procedure. Great guys to deal with as well. I made a wrench to remove that back stud you mentioned (13mm) removed the top pump with the billet block attached and then the lower pump. All in all it wasn't a bad job to complete. My inquiry was to due to the fact that I had to remove both pumps in order to get one of the mounting bolts on the lower pump front plate. This particular hpop mounting bolt decided to strip-out on me. The one is question would be the bolt that's nearest to the ipr. So anyhow, I did get it done. I drilled it out, Tap, and helicoil. It worked out great. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Members online