Write A Trans Tune for ME!

Cknox121

Reaction score
Anyone care to write me some tunes?

Trans is a Rudys Stage 2, has modified pump and solenoids, Precision converter stock stall.

Thanks!

Cknox121

Reaction score
Regular file, banging 3rd, and shuttering/slipping feeling which vibrates whole truck going from 3-4, 4-4tc, and 4tc-5tc On hybrid file same thing. Only happens at 20-28% throttle. Any more or any less it goes away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cknox121

Reaction score
Yes. A few thousand psi from what I understand.

Okay, so I drove through town and this is what I saw,

20-30% throttle, gearhead engine tune and his hybrid trans file rail pressure was anywhere from 15-22k psi when shuttering, and when it went from 5th to 5th TC lock it dropped from 16-20 to 4-6. This is all in KPA iirc. The shifts are what the mini max reads as well.

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
It's not the Trans..... It's fuel. Re-tune it w/ h&s hd 300 engine file, low boost on 5 and use the TREG Gearhead Trans file. It's all a fuel control problem. I've seen it many times. Most likely it just needs the smoke limitation "loosened". I've had Matt do it before. Try to keep it too clean and it's fighting whether to fuel or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cknox121

Reaction score
It's not the Trans..... It's fuel. Re-tune it w/ h&s hd 300 engine file, low boost on 5 and use the TREG Gearhead Trans file. It's all a fuel control problem. I've seen it many times. Most likely it just needs the smoke limitation "loosened". I've had Matt do it before. Try to keep it too clean and it's fighting whether to fuel or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! Still need the 3-4 shift softened up and when the converter locks, it damn locks lol.

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Damn, no takers?

You ever get it figured out? My buddy just put a Rudys trans in billet aremet shaft low reverse hub and rudys TC etc. (I don't know what stage they would be under).

It was shifting real hard in all gears like it was in limp mode,cleared the codes shifted way better but it was still alittle off it was in hybrid trans tune,reloaded the reg.

REG trans file.

3-5 shift is one hard shift at light throttle but other than the 3-5 shift it shifts though all gears perfect at "light throttle".

WOT truck shifts like a stock trans but it kinda feels like its slipping,hesitant to shift (laggy) and shifts real soft.

when that TC locks that thing locks..

Last edited: