EGR A Sensor Temp While Cold Engine

DailyGrindSucks

Reaction score
Question about the A EGR temperature sensor. I was going through the temperature and pressure PIDs and noticed that the A sensor for the EGR was reading 140f. Engine cold and all of the other engine and exhaust temps reading in the 77 ~ 79f range. EGR B was reading 77. I found this a little odd and was wondering if anyone knew if their is a minimum setting for the A EGR sensor? I have not noticed this in the past. As best as I could tell the reading while driving is in the normal range while at freeway speeds. Around 650 to 700f fairly flat and with cruise on. I have noticed the last month or so that between my regens have dropped to around 100 to 150 miles each. Previously was around 230 to 260 miles. This is my daily driver and most of the miles on it are freeway. Truck is an 08 with 156K miles on it. Anyone have any ideas about why this sensor would be ready higher that the rest while the engine is cold?

webb06

Reaction score
Question about the A EGR temperature sensor. I was going through the temperature and pressure PIDs and noticed that the A sensor for the EGR was reading 140f. Engine cold and all of the other engine and exhaust temps reading in the 77 ~ 79f range. EGR B was reading 77. I found this a little odd and was wondering if anyone knew if their is a minimum setting for the A EGR sensor? I have not noticed this in the past. As best as I could tell the reading while driving is in the normal range while at freeway speeds. Around 650 to 700f fairly flat and with cruise on. I have noticed the last month or so that between my regens have dropped to around 100 to 150 miles each. Previously was around 230 to 260 miles. This is my daily driver and most of the miles on it are freeway. Truck is an 08 with 156K miles on it. Anyone have any ideas about why this sensor would be ready higher that the rest while the engine is cold?

Probably just the minimum temp reading for that sensor would be my guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk