What alternator do you guys run?

Corys6.0

Reaction score
Battery light has been randomly flickering down the road. 128k miles looks like the original one. What kind of alternator do you guys like or run?

mikeeg02

Reaction score
I prefer my local shop in Clearfield, PA - Bud's electric. Generally cheaper than any standard reman (which is the least of my concern when it comes to a reliable unit) These guys have been working on this stuff forever. They completely take it apart, and actually check everthing. I had an intermitten battery light, and was 300 miles from home so I bought a new one from NAPA (no core) at ~$200? and Bud's rebuilt my other for less than 75. Replaced all bearings, regulator and a few other little things. And actually explained what failed.

Zmann

Reaction score
DC power for the last 5 years
i would maybe go with a leece Neville if my DC fails

pdumont01

Reaction score
I usually use the motorcraft remans. They are pretty good from my experiences.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

78f100

Reaction score
We use Delco remy starters and alternators with good luck. The DC units say they use Delco remy parts with some of their own components also, both are good choices.

1ATony

Reaction score
We carry brand new alternators. If you would like to see what we have, just reply back with your year, model/series and I'll see if we have one for your application.

Tony

powerlifter405

Reaction score
A 3G off a mid 90's E350 van makes 215 factory amps might be an option to look into. Or the factory ford unit is 140 amps. Also orielys carries a 135amp version w/ lifetime warranty for the 6.0.

Latest posts

Members online