Fuel water seperator

sjk11014

Reaction score
Hey guys. I just got my first diesel and iv got some questions. I have a 1997 f250 7.3 and I have an aftermarket fuel water separator. I watched a few videos and I ran it at normal engine temp and then shut it off and started to drain the filter. It was a constant stream and it seems like the only thing that came out was fuel. I was wondering if this was normal and how often should I drain the filter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Hey guys. I just got my first diesel and iv got some questions. I have a 1997 f250 7.3 and I have an aftermarket fuel water separator. I watched a few videos and I ran it at normal engine temp and then shut it off and started to drain the filter. It was a constant stream and it seems like the only thing that came out was fuel. I was wondering if this was normal and how often should I drain the filter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty normal. Unless your fuel was contaminated, there should not be much water in it.

I drain mine every third oil change. That is when I change my fuel filter as well. About every 12-15k miles.

Latest posts

Members online