How to use heated mirrors?

Ford460power

Reaction score
Just recently got an 08' f250 XLT and can't figure out how to activate the heated mirrors. In the owners manual it says to push the heated mirror button on climate control on the dash but there is no such button? The mirrors have the heated symbol in the upper corner.

Am I missing something?

Atsah

Reaction score
Not sure on the 08's but my trucks in earlier years would be on all the time..

webb06

Reaction score
If there isn't a button they're probably on all the time. Put your hand on the mirror after the key has been on for a few minutes and you should be able to feel it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ford460power

Reaction score
Yea there's no Burton but they definitely are not on. Don't even feel warm and even in the rain or mist you can tell they don't work.

Maybe a bad fuse? I'll have to check that.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Try with defrost on. I believe that is when they are on. Either that or ambient temp sensitive. If its 100 degrees out, there is no reason for them to be on all the time.

Atsah

Reaction score
Check your fuse, it makes no sense for them to be on all the time but that's the way my 02, 03 and 05 was, on all the time...

08Monster

Reaction score
My 2008 King Ranch definitely had a button on the climate control cluster. I agree, someone put fancy mirrors on a non fancy pickup.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

78f100

Reaction score
I always thought they only worked on defrost, my 08 has them. It's loaded without sunroof or heated seats. During the winter with the defrost on it definitely works, never really paid much attention without defrost on though.

08Monster

Reaction score
Mine definitely had a button. All the bells and whistles 08. Hit it and 10 seconds later I had clear lines all over my mirrors and soon it was all clear.

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
Mine definitely had a button. All the bells and whistles 08. Hit it and 10 seconds later I had clear lines all over my mirrors and soon it was all clear.

Same here. 08 Lariat. A xlt may be defrost activated

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Emery19

Reaction score
Like others said, should have a button, my 08 does. Would double check the vin like above noted

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
Truck is an XLT, has heated seats though. I'll have to check it out with the defrost on, haven't really paid attention with it being on. Thanks guys
Just curious. Where is the button for the heated seats? Mine is on the bottom of the climate control panel. But the button for the mirrors is under the windshield defrost button. Just wondering what the difference is?

Ford460power

Reaction score
There is two buttons for the heated seats one on each side and it's in the lower dash below the heater controls.

I will check it out tomorrow Morning with the defrost on and see what happens

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
There is two buttons for the heated seats one on each side and it's in the lower dash below the heater controls.

I will check it out tomorrow Morning with the defrost on and see what happens
I went out and snapped a pic of mine right quick. It's the button I'm pointing at. Right above the passenger seat heater button. If yours is different then it's either defrost or someone swapped mirrors on you. Lol

08Monster

Reaction score
I went out and snapped a pic of mine right quick. It's the button I'm pointing at. Right above the passenger seat heater button. If yours is different then it's either defrost or someone swapped mirrors on you. Lol

You didn't post a picture. Lol

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
You didn't post a picture. Lol

Dam! It's been a long day! 😂😂😂
eb082cabd3bb80bd631c819fd68596f3.jpg

Latest posts

Members online