Front end squeak/chirp/metallic noise only when hitting bumps.

96F350KID

Reaction score
To start I'm a tech by trade but this has me stumped. My 2015 F250 with 60k developed this annoying chirp noise ONLY when you hit bumps. It's only coming from the front axle. I've jumped on the front end it doesn't make the noise. Not while turning. Only when you hit little lines or bumps in the road. It sounds like a washer hitting something but EVERYTHING is tight. I just put new shocks on it as the original ones were shot and the noise is still there anyway. It does it while brakes are applied when hitting a bump too. It's getting cooler out so I'm running with the windows down and it's really annoying. I've lubed everything and can't seem to find it. Anyone else have this issue? I need to check the radius arm bolts but usually that makes a pop or clunk noise. This is like a tiny bell sound.:shrug: Feel stupid for asking as people usually come to me for answers but I haven't a clue lol

sisupower

Reaction score
My buddy installed a front replacement bumper and his body mounts started to squeak. Just the front ones tho. Sounded like what you described. Idk tho weird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Tap on your auto hubs. I know they are different, but my 04 hubs make the same damn noise. I have seen one 05+ do it so far, but plenty of the earlier ones do it. Tap it with a rubber hammer, you should be able to hear it.

Reaction score
I just had to replace my drag links because they were making a metal clicking noise over bumps. Grab the drag links and if they rotate easily then they're done. ALSO check your tie rod ends, same for those they need to be hard to rotate.

redneck1

Reaction score
Not an identical problem, but I had a similar noise coming from the front that I chased for a while. Finally pulled my front brakes clear apart and took off the rotor. Found a small rock that was rolling around in there, and if you hit a bump just right it would ting off the shield on the back side of the rotor. Not saying that what it is, just something that happened to me like that.

KCCO

96F350KID

Reaction score
I checked the whole front end on and off the lift. Its all good. Im convinced its the hubs which i can deal with as long as i know its not an actual issue just the nature of it.

Neventy

Reaction score
Front End Squeak

My 15 makes the same noise when hitting bumps. It is a fairly loud squeak that can be heard with the windows up. It only makes it on compression of the suspension and not on the rebound. I tested this several times in a parking lot with a speed bump. Can't tell what it is and everything is tight. Found this site hopping to figure out what the hell is making the noise.

Neventy

Reaction score
Maybe? I will check. Hope someone figures this out. It is loud enough for bystanders turn and look.

Jomax

Reaction score
Check the bolts from the radius arms to the axle, the upper and lower shock bolts, and the trackbar bolt on the frame side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MisterScott

Reaction score
I have the same issue on my 2016. I get it every time I come over a transition in my driveway. The front right suspension unloads and there is what appears to be a grinding noise. I always thought it sounded like ABS kicking in but I am pretty sure my issue is mechanical drivetrain. Never bothered me enough to chase.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I get a marble in a coffee can noise, like maybe something dancing around in my brakes and its loud..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Latest posts

Members online