New guy, first Power Stoke.

johnpsz

Reaction score
As I posted on my local Diesel Facebook page "It looks like I am switching camps. I must be getting old because if I'm not going to be cummin as often and have to start powerstrokin it, lol... Just put in an order for a new Super Duty, my 07 Ram 2500 will be going up for sale soon."

So guys, I have been active member of a few Cummins/Ram boards for while, and recently ordered a 2017 F-450. I hope you will allow this defector into your Army...

johnpsz

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I am excitedly awaiting my new truck, I'm down to about a month left till when I should expect the truck.

johnpsz

Reaction score
Well, not only am I am member, hopefully I will be a Powerstroke owner soon. The truck I ordered got to the dealer today and they hope it will be done and ready for me to pick it up tomorrow.

johnpsz

Reaction score
Happy kiddos and happy new owner...
17ed6942832c3458cd46ebd791e49c82.jpg
746decbd77d01b16b41e2f6941d103bb.jpg
13256827dff97333f9b7523fd58ae3e8.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Thats awesome!!!! My kids love my truck as well. Congratulations and welcome to the army.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

johnpsz

Reaction score
Thats awesome!!!! My kids love my truck as well. Congratulations and welcome to the army.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Great looking truck. What made you make the switch over to the Powerstroke?

Thanks...

I have almost always been a Ford Truck guy, well trucks and Mustangs, lol...
I've had 5 different Ford trucks (all gas engines ranging from the 70's to early 90's) and 6 different Mustangs (most were either fox body or SN95) including the '67 we are in the process of restomodding.

After my '79 Bronco, the dream truck I bought myself after getting out of the Army, died my wife wanted a "New" truck. And, since it was going to be her truck so she chose an '05 Ram 1500 Hemi, mainly based on looks (her thoughts were that it "looked" better than the F150 were comparing it to). A few years later and after getting a bigger trailer we were over taxing the 1500 and traded it for a 2500 with a cummins, it was what made financial sense at the time. Also, although the new 6.4 Super Duty's were rumored to be coming out and better than the bad rep'd 6.0, we opted to stick with Dodge and got the '07 with a 5.9 (again the 6.7 cummins was new and unknown to me) cummins rather than waiting for the 08 6.4 Super Duty. Now that we were ready to upgrade again, Ford was back on the table. After side by side test drives, my wife felt the Ford was more comfortable, had better interior, and I was happy with the proven track record of the 6.7 PS up to this point, so we jumped into our first Super Duty...

Latest posts

Members online