2017 6.7 Problem

Hookup

Reaction score
Hey all, let me first start off by saying hello! New to this forum as this is my first post. I have a 2017 F250 6.7 with a 4 inch lift, 37x12.5x20 tires, 20x10 Fuel Mavericks. I have 5440 miles on it and yesterday had a eye opening hiccup in the truck. I was towing my bass boat down a little grade in traffic, tow/haul was activated, I was going about 45mph when traffic started slowing down so I gently hit the brakes and the truck slammed down into 2nd gear and I received a power reduction notification and the truck started slowing down and no amount of throttle would get it to continue to speed up again. I pulled off the freeway and the truck shut off right as I was about to come to a stop. I turned off the truck and tried to start it again and the truck tried starting for about 6 seconds and never turned over so I shut it off again. I checked my DEF levels figuring it might of been low and it was halfway so I knew that wasnt the problem anymore. I tried starting the truck again and it kicked over immediately and low and behold a check engine light came on. Continued to the lake with no problems except the check engine light. I parked the truck and shut it off while fearing I wouldnt be able to start it again. I tried to turn it over again and it started right up and the check engine light was gone. Trucks been running fine since and I havnt towed with it since but I did some research and found something almost exactly the same as my truck. Here is the link:

http://www.dieselarmy.com/news/recall-ford-super-duties-with-power-stroke-shut-down-while-driving/

Went to the ford dealer today to ask if there were any recalls on the 6.7 and they told me that there was none. Going to set up an appointment on Tuesday and have them run the diagnostics and see if it if there is anything they can find and keep you all updated!

bdrummonds

Reaction score
My old 2011 did this (diesel army article) and left me on the side of the road about 5 times. 3 different dealers and all they could say was bad EGT sensor. Last dealer said Ford was denying my warranty claim because the down pipe to *** connection was bent and allowing air into the pipe. They claimed I had modded the exhaust and then removed it and replaced it with factory. the truck had 30K miles on it and no mods. they wanted to charge me $4000 for a new factory exhaust. I told them to replace the sensor and they would never see the truck again. I ordered up a package, d3l3ted everything and drove the truck for another 70K with 0 problems. Just traded the 11 last week for a brand new 17 Platinum and will probably order the same package and go from there.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
My old 2011 did this (diesel army article) and left me on the side of the road about 5 times. 3 different dealers and all they could say was bad EGT sensor. Last dealer said Ford was denying my warranty claim because the down pipe to *** connection was bent and allowing air into the pipe. They claimed I had modded the exhaust and then removed it and replaced it with factory. the truck had 30K miles on it and no mods. they wanted to charge me $4000 for a new factory exhaust. I told them to replace the sensor and they would never see the truck again. I ordered up a package, d3l3ted everything and drove the truck for another 70K with 0 problems. Just traded the 11 last week for a brand new 17 Platinum and will probably order the same package and go from there.

let me know when you're ready to rock !!

vrog

Reaction score
same exact thing happened to me. Seems to be a common problem. Yesterday all kinds of lights went flashing, hill decsent tow mode etc etc. From what I have found this has happened to several lifted trucks. I shut it off and started bak up with no issues. weird