6.0 OBS CCLB 80-86

genuineford

Reaction score
So I have been working on some stuff. I did a bullet proof job on an 04 6.0 for a friend. Got it all done and he didn't put 500 miles on the truck and he wrecked it. I talked another friend of mine into buying the truck to swap the engine into his 06 king ranch then I was going to get the motor from his king ranch. Well he ended up wrecking that so it looks like I will be buying the parts off of him and putting them in my new project.

I have an 86 F250 that I was going to restore so I have slowly been buying parts to do so. I have picked up pretty much a whole new body for it, so all those parts are laying at my house. In the mean time I found a 1990 F350 CCLB 2wd. I picked it up for cheep and it is for all intensive purposes rust free, which is hard to come by in my area.

My plan for the truck is to swap in the 6.0 driveline. I also have a D60 and 10.25 SRW to swap into the truck. Then the dually box will be pulled and the front clip will be pulled and my 80-86 stuff will be installed on the truck. I already found an 86 dash with factor air conditioning to put in. I plan on using the SD hydro boost setup as I kept everything from the donor truck when we tore it down.

I am still trying to figure out how I want to do my front suspension. I might do leaf springs, I might use the coils and build my own 4 link or I might get an 05+ setup and swap that in.

The dash at this point I am planning on morphing the SD gauge cluster into the 86 dash. So here is a picture of the new truck.
IMG_20151115_163534306.jpg

genuineford

Reaction score
Yeah it's going to be a lot of work but I just keep telling myself how sweet of a truck it will be when it is done. I have seen a couple of 6.0 obs swaps and have not been too impressed. The ones I've seen have had the body dropped on a SD frame and they never look right. The bumpers don't line up and I just don't like the way they are done.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

genuineford

Reaction score
If you have ever seen any of my old threads you know I take lots of pictures.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

genuineford

Reaction score
No work done yet, still trying to decide on what I want to do for front suspension. I need to go to the salvage yard and check out a few vehicles. I would like to keep it coil sprung but don't want to make figuring out the front suspension take up all of my time. I am hoping I can adapt some 05-07 front suspension to my obs axles that I have, if not I will just have to build my own 4 link setup.

genuineford

Reaction score
So I finally started to work on this project. At this point all I have is the original engine and trans pulled out. I am hoping on Monday I can try and slide the 6.0 in to see how everything lines up. I may have an issue with that because I cannot find the part of the engine mount that bolts to the block. I talked with a local shop to see if they have a set otherwise I will have to go to ebay or someone on the forum to try and find a set.

f761cc267e2c660609c4e7d0240b310a.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online