Decisions decisions, advise?

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
I waited until 46k to diet, but most do it right away. I still had some warranty issues after diet but have great relationship with dealer and had them repaired.

buckeye7048

Reaction score
ef263b024396ac9b2ad2c9b00e789674.jpg

Here’s a photo of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a 4” lift to me

Black AOD

Reaction score
That black truck has an 09/16 manufacture date so it is a very early job 1 truck, like one of the first which means it more than likely has the older style smaller connecting rod.

That red truck with the king coilovers and King Resi shocks on the back would be my choice. If it truly does ride rough, the shocks and coilovers may need adjustment, tires may need more or less air pressure put in or out out as well. The red truck was actually manufactured in 2017 so it is a later Job 1 so it may or may not have updated connecting rods, I'm going to guess based off what I know from other trucks being made around that date that it probably does have them.

joshb0718

Reaction score
That black truck has an 09/16 manufacture date so it is a very early job 1 truck, like one of the first which means it more than likely has the older style smaller connecting rod.

That red truck with the king coilovers and King Resi shocks on the back would be my choice. If it truly does ride rough, the shocks and coilovers may need adjustment, tires may need more or less air pressure put in or out out as well.

Tires are at 52-55. I adjusted the reservoirs they were all different stiffness on all 4. Rear was fully soft and fully firm. Rides a little smoother but I think tires aren’t balanced and being mud tires swapping to AT nitto G2 if I get it. Then maybe swap out some suspension parts to smooth out the ride some more.

joshb0718

Reaction score
I bought the red ruby lifted truck. I’ve done some add ons now. And already got it out working some small jobs. Did a diet to it...

Is it worth keeping the factory exhaust? The guy I bought the 5” from told me the exhaust is like $15k to buy new again... but would I ever need it again? Should I sell it out right to someone or what’s it worth? Or should I keep it?
2a5cf45affb680e30bab5a902261b150.jpg
347a2f0780a7467fe39f10b2bb6a2682.jpg

Black AOD

Reaction score
I bought the red ruby lifted truck. I’ve done some add ons now. And already got it out working some small jobs. Did a diet to it...

Is it worth keeping the factory exhaust? The guy I bought the 5” from told me the exhaust is like $15k to buy new again... but would I ever need it again? Should I sell it out right to someone or what’s it worth? Or should I keep it?
2a5cf45affb680e30bab5a902261b150.jpg
347a2f0780a7467fe39f10b2bb6a2682.jpg

what in the ***.

Go punch that guy... If you have plans to ever trade it in, keep it so you can put emissions back on.

joshb0718

Reaction score
what in the ***.

Go punch that guy... If you have plans to ever trade it in, keep it so you can put emissions back on.

Lol he advised me to keep it, it’s just so bulky i was wondering if it’s worth it? I don’t think I’d ever trade it in, but I never know nowadays! I might just haul it up to my father-in-laws house and store it on his land

joshb0718

Reaction score
Nice choice! I kept mine, it's sitting under my porch just in case. It'll go with the truck if I sell it.

Rust won’t effect it much I guess?

Also man do you know of anyway to get the tires calibrated for speed @ 37” tires? My EZLynk only goes to 34.5” trying to get a speeding ticket dismissed

Latest posts

Members online