Go West, Young Man- Connor M's 6.4

Emery19

Reaction score
Hahahaha it’s good, build threads are meant to be derailed.

I got putco led switchbacks for the truck. I used VLEDs resistors with the tap harness, and stuck them to the housing along with the led ballast harness.

The fast click was driving me nuts but you wouldn’t have to use them if you didn’t want to.

I need to get forescan going to tune out the rear light flash, I put led tail bulbs in and the truck fast flashes again.
Hmmm. I'm still flip flopping on the switchbacks. Since I like the look now. Do want led tail bulbs though.

Have you figured out tuning yet? I need a new platform since my h&s took a dump a few years ago and I've been running around on a tow tune ever since.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
Hmmm. I'm still flip flopping on the switchbacks. Since I like the look now. Do want led tail bulbs though.

Have you figured out tuning yet? I need a new platform since my h&s took a dump a few years ago and I've been running around on a tow tune ever since.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Seems like h&s is the way to go right now, gonna look into getting one.

I think EZlynk is coming out with a new vehicle to tune soon since they changed the section of their website with the vehicles people want supported to “updating soon” but that’s not a whole lot to go off of. They’ve been saying for a while that ecm flash is coming soon for the 6.4, but I can dream right?

I don’t think anywhere does “in person” tunes with a laptop like people did with hp tuners or efi live. Not for 6.4’s at least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emery19

Reaction score
Seems like h&s is the way to go right now, gonna look into getting one.

I think EZlynk is coming out with a new vehicle to tune soon since they changed the section of their website with the vehicles people want supported to “updating soon” but that’s not a whole lot to go off of. They’ve been saying for a while that ecm flash is coming soon for the 6.4, but I can dream right?

I don’t think anywhere does “in person” tunes with a laptop like people did with hp tuners or efi live. Not for 6.4’s at least

i think im going to switch to SCT since i already have a CTS2 monitor. although the GTX looks kinda sick.

one can dream about EZlink because thats exactly what i would run if i could.

Connor M

Reaction score
i think im going to switch to SCT since i already have a CTS2 monitor. although the GTX looks kinda sick.

one can dream about EZlink because thats exactly what i would run if i could.

You gonna go custom or canned tunes?

Connor M

Reaction score
Got an ezlynk and tuning from ppei last night, but it’s still not running perfect. Better but not perfect.
I think i need to replace the ebp sensor. I’m throwing p2563, p2263, p0472, and p1000 but iirc that last one just means i recently reset the cel.

I ******d the crossover pipe and put the ebp sensor tube into the block off plate, and I think it finally came around to bite me in the ass. The sensor is Pointing up but it’s still below where i tapped the plate. I’ll have to rethink the way i have it rigged up, but i don’t want to drill and tap the up pipe. Might make a new tube that is higher up and fasten it to something so (hopefully) soot and water and whatever else doesn’t collect on the sensor. Down the road if the cab ever comes off again I’m putting in aftermarket up pipes with a bung welded into them (and no y pipe).

I think that’s just brake tubing so I could conceivably make one this weekend, I’m sure theres some in the shop.

Connor M

Reaction score
No codes today, no cel, truck’s running good. Quick spooling on the highway, fairly clean, and it feels like it just wants to run. Before it was a chore to stay at 76-80, now it runs easily there. And I know it’s a lie-o-meter but the dash is telling me i’m getting 19 and change mpg vs 14.X before on the gearbox z (as best as I can tell it was that) tunes.

Got my ez lynk and a bluetooth adapter secured under the dash last night, and an SPE switch bracket. Just waiting on a switch to arrive from PPEI so I can run sotf. Then to line up against my buddy’s LBZ, he thinks I’m still running the stock tunes

a230cb1c5f36e31615ba8b3e47aa79fd.jpg

The bracket’s pretty cool, it has a slot for the cable to pass through, a spot for the usb cable for the ez lynk (not sure what that’s for but whatever) and a spot for the switch, it bolts with the obd2 port bolts. It’s a beefy SOB, I like it. I didn’t want to drill holes in that pretty Harley interior.

I’m leery to run the 300 hp tune, i’m at the 175 and liking it. After all some 20 year old hopped up on caffeine and juul pods built this thing in his garage on a budget.

The cab really needs to come off again and it should get cams, new lifters, and all new rockers and bridges. Then I’d feel good turning it up high.

I’m looking at another dead 6.4, friend of a friend has an extended cab 450. All i know is that it’s sitting with the headlights out and it might be for sale, fingers crossed it’s got a blown turbo and head gaskets or something else not catastrophic. Pretty sure it has fairly low miles.

Connor M

Reaction score
When I was looking, the options for 6.4 ez lynk tunes were gdp, ppei, and some random no name places.
May have changed but that was a month ago or so. I don’t believe tyrant, gear head, or tsd were doing 6.4’s on ez lynk.

Connor M

Reaction score
Tapatalk won’t let me upload a video but the sotf switch isn’t working right. Neither is the other switch I bought. I tried a few different ways of wiring them up. I really can’t figure out why it’s not working, as of this AM their advice was double check the install. I did a bunch of different times and tried another switch. I sent them some more info and a video in hopes that they can help.

Connor M

Reaction score
Most of you know I punched a hole in the block a couple weeks ago, and I think I finally pegged down what I’m going to do, next weekend there will be engine progress.

That being said I got a smoking deal on a brand new 4” stainless jamo exhaust. DP back, no muffler. The tip had never even been out of the box. I love fb marketplace.
7f370d78c835e35c2e7e9c3a85d1d34d.jpg

fc529e119eb69f05449a7c2bf6568af0.jpg

I bought a ccv mod from here (@strokersace thanks for the quick shipping man!) , and that will go on the new engine too. I’m gonna try and find some up pipes and a downpipe too since I’m going to be cab off again. I think I’ve seen some fb marketplace deals in the area.

04cae1ef3f1b325568f1262157e38e01.jpg

Latest posts

Members online