Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 6.4 Aftermarket

Old 02-01-2019, 07:07 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor M View Post
Updates?
No real updates, project is tarped in the shop. I've been living in Mexico for the last 4 months, be back in March to finish it up before summer.

Project is super close. I can't wait to get back to it.

I gotta get my turbos bolted down, up-pipes mocked up, and wastegate dump welded into the downpipe, button up of the webasto hydronic lines & wiring, run the external filter lines, helper air bag lines, drop the cab on, and connect everything up.
Old 02-07-2019, 10:17 PM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

Why did you add a second alternator?
Old 02-08-2019, 11:08 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Default Dual Alternators

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_monster View Post
Why did you add a second alternator?
Draw from subwoofers, webasto circ pump, and auxillary power to the bed will be the main large draws of power.

Id like to run power back to the bed of the truck with a snowplow quick connect. It will run the crane and auxiliary lights I put on my sled bed and also to charge the battery bank in a potential truck bed camper purchase.

As the truck is only a F-250, I may go for a bigger truck to do truck bed camping but well see what the future holds.

Id like to have the camper be able to get heat from the engine/webasto through coolant lines (webasto is already mounted next to the bed) and power from the batteries/dual alternators. I do a lot of winter camping in -20 plus so I figure the more backup systems and auxiliary systems for heat and power the better.

Anyone seen anything like this done before?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 15021_3-FMJR.jpg (391.9 KB, 65 views)
Old 02-08-2019, 11:58 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

I've got 2 alternators on mine from the factory and glad I do. 12k winch draws a good amount, and 1 alternator may be enough, but 2 can put out up to 320amps!
You are building a nice setup. I use mine for a lot of camping as well, but in much nicer weather. The Webasto looks like a great choice for your needs.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Old 02-09-2019, 12:44 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by akf250 View Post
Draw from subwoofers, webasto circ pump, and auxillary power to the bed will be the main large draws of power.

Id like to run power back to the bed of the truck with a snowplow quick connect. It will run the crane and auxiliary lights I put on my sled bed and also to charge the battery bank in a potential truck bed camper purchase.

As the truck is only a F-250, I may go for a bigger truck to do truck bed camping but well see what the future holds.

Id like to have the camper be able to get heat from the engine/webasto through coolant lines (webasto is already mounted next to the bed) and power from the batteries/dual alternators. I do a lot of winter camping in -20 plus so I figure the more backup systems and auxiliary systems for heat and power the better.

Anyone seen anything like this done before?

My truck has that style run from the hitch to the passenger battery.
The jumpers I have for my ramp truck fit into the same plug so Iím just going to make another set for my truck. Can jump/be jumped from the back with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
2005 GMC Yukon Denali