Video heavy: 6.0 Non VGT spool thread

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Sure it will show spool up, but its not an accurate measure, thats just how I see it. I wouldnt do that on the street, or the track, thats why I see it being a waste. Rolling into it you will get less smoke and faster acceleration.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Sure it will show spool up, but its not an accurate measure, thats just how I see it. I wouldnt do that on the street, or the track, thats why I see it being a waste. Rolling into it you will get less smoke and faster acceleration.

Thats why this is a forum. To share different ideas and give examples of whats done and how it reacts to real life. It smoked so what. Thats his setup and he shared. lol Not starting crap just sayin man. :thumbsup:

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
Come on now guys lol we've managed to keep it simple for this long. Lets go for a record before we all try to kill each other haha

Sent by my Nexus powered by this (╯°□°)╯

java

Reaction score
What tune is that? I have 190/100s and a VGT-SSX and it smokes more than that. Do you have a video of the truck at around 55 and accelerating? Thats when my truck smokes the most. So i had matt keep it in 4th gear until about 62-63 mph so i wasn't smoking out the road.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Thats a tune from chris b. The trans tuning currently goes as such, 1-2 shift at 10mph, 2-3 at 20mph, (direct) 3-5 at 30mph then at 40mph the converter locks in the direct gear and shifts into overdrive at 60 mph.

Im still trying to work with him to tweak the trans tuning just right for where I live. The hills and grades have been a buzzkill lol, but right now its working pretty well so far. We will see how it goes with a few more tweaks.

Il try and get a video thursday of a 55mph acceleration, at this speed im still locked in the direct gear, so there is literally zero smoke (it cleans up whatever haze there is when it locks), but it does get annoying having it rev so high before overdrive.

java

Reaction score
Yeah mine kinda gets annoying going into overdrive at that high of RPMs. A video from whenever it goes into od would be great.. I think i might try a tune from Chris, I've heard really good things about them.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Two more for you, watch in you tube in HD and in large screen view, you will see how little smoke there is. It still hazes a little bit under lighter throttle, I still need to have chris b tweak a few things. Work in progress, but it still spools awesome, sounds amazing, and is super quick. Its still surprising what would take 25 psi boost (190's stock turbo) gets me the same with less throttle and 10 psi. Its amazing what the right amount of fuel and air can do. :jammin:

normal take off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvDGH4VDems&feature=youtu.be

aggressive take off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew11Ak7NKaQ&feature=youtu.be

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Ive thought about a muffler, but this is my toy, i dont tow, and well im still young so ill keep it loud. I actually got a thumbs up from a cop that was behind me when I leaned into it merging onto the highway, yeah thats how clean it runs with the right tuning.

Latest posts

Members online