A lil help please

Lang

Reaction score
Installed new injectors/chip and it will start but won't stay idling... That normal? Don't know if I'm gonna keep at it any further tonight

TARM

Reaction score
No its not normal.

Are you getting any CEL or codes? Do you have access to a scanner to read codes?

Give us some specs on what you have going. Whos tunes and injectors. What type and size injectors. What else do you have going on as far as engine upgrades?

Try pulling the chip and see what happens as well as trying different setting on the chip.

Normally once you get it started it will stay started with a injector swap.

Its likely something simple. Go thru ahd amke sure all your connections are good and you did not accidentally leave something unplugged or plugged into the wrong place.

Lang

Reaction score
160cc injectors from full force, BDP 6 position chip

TARM

Reaction score
Do you have a CEL light?

Try pulling the chip as well.

How long does it stay running if you are not feeding it go pedal?

Rough idle is not that big of a deal but it should not be terrible.

I am thinking something with the chip but this is just a SWAG.

Is this your first chip as well?

Try unplugging the ICP sensor. Its on the oil rail on the drivers sider right up at the front of the engine right of the HPOP. See if it stays idling or improves etc..

Lang

Reaction score
Ya it's the chip, or rather I need to redo it. None of the positions work. Thought I got all that stuff off the connections

Lang

Reaction score
Any tips on how to clean those really well? I cleaned for a hour +

Lang

Reaction score
Yes SES came on after it started, and first chip. Tried going around the block, no throttle response in any position

TARM

Reaction score
Oh no you do not want them super clean as in seeing all silver. You only wanted to take off the rubber silicon that was protecting the connector. If you cleaned it so much that you are down to all silver on them you cleaned it way to much. The chip will not get a solid connection and you CAN get the issues you are seeing now. I am guessing this based on that you cleaned it for an hour+ and it only takes a few mins to get the sealant off them.

If you want to be sure take a picture of it and post it up. Hopefully this is not the case.

SPEEDDEMON31176

Reaction score
If you did in fact clean too much off the contacts and are good at soldering you can tin the contacts which will put enough material back on the board for it to work right.

Lang

Reaction score
And I followed the directions to a T. Pretty certain I didn't do it enough, stopped bc I didn't want to go overboard... I was still whipping that coat off when I stopped

TARM

Reaction score
Thats good then. I also see I worded it backwards in my last post sorry about that. You do not know how many times people have gone overboard and got stuck with a mess.

I honestly used mostly my finger nail and scrapped off almost all the sealant. Then just a very light hit with a green scour pad. That was it. I would first confirm your chip is good. Has tunes or the correct ones on it. Some times people set the burner to the wrong spec and it leaves you with something like you described.

It only worried me when you said how long you had been at it. But I do recall my first one I was so careful I was at it for some time as well

Lang

Reaction score
I'm an idiot... Didn't hook up the right harness! Thanks for the quick replies

Latest posts

Members online